1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fulltone Bassdrive settings...what do you use?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Fawkes007, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Fawkes007

Fawkes007

Sep 13, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    I'm looking for some ideas. Thanks.

2. tommy.genes

tommy.genes

Feb 16, 2006
    Yo! Philly
    Comp cut. Tone, Overdrive and Boost on Max. Volume as needed - usually between 9 and 10 o'clock.

I think it's a great pedal, I just wish it had a little more balls. I might try modding it or at least stacking it with something else like a fuzz.

-- T. G. --

3. Fawkes007

Fawkes007

Sep 13, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    If you want all out buzzsaw, the Tech 21 XXL is cool, though I don't think it is true bypass. Thanks for the suggestion. I am having fun with this little unit. It is a most curious pedal that seems to be capable of a great deal then just "on" and "off". I wish Fulltone would have a BassDrive 101 class...

4. tommy.genes

tommy.genes

Feb 16, 2006
    Yo! Philly
    Yeah, even without changing settings, I get two different, usable sounds out of my Bassdrive just by using the boost switch.
    And thank you for your suggestion, although I've heard the XXL bass edition sound clips and that's not necessarily what I want either. I don't necessarily want buzzsaw, I want want what the Bassdrive does but more so (without multiple custom tube amps). Maybe I just need to mod the Bassdrive so the controls go [voice=Nigel Tuffnel] "to eleven". [/voice] And maybe put a Fat Boost in front of it.

-- T. G. --

5. Sounds like you should split your signal and use a combination of pedals in each chain. You'll need two splitters, one at the beginning and one at the end to combine the two paths. Radial makes one that puts them in phase with each other.
    Some pedals do the blend thing, but it's not like a true split signal path. Splitting the signal makes for a lot of wires and patches, but if you want to make a custom sound that's what I would do.

6. tommy.genes

tommy.genes

Feb 16, 2006
    Yo! Philly
    Hmm, I was thinking about cascading, but parallel sounds like it would be worth checking out too. Thanks.

-- T. G. --

7. LeftyLB70P

LeftyLB70P

May 4, 2005
    Athens, Ga.
    tommy - are you using the older pedal (pulling the knob up to cut the compression)?

8. tommy.genes

tommy.genes

Feb 16, 2006
    Yo! Philly
    Nope, mine is the newer one with the three-way switch.

-- T. G. --