Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fulltone Bassdrive Thunderfunk Question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BassJunkie730, Jan 25, 2006.

1. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    So I am looking for a great overdrive/ muscular distortion to run in the first series effects loop (the one that comes just after the Pre-EQ DI). It seems normal pedals don't have the juice to run in the effects loop (which has no buffering).

I was thinking about the Bassdrive and boost the internal voltage to 18V - would this give me the clean power needed to bring the signal level back up? Or do I need a line driver no matter what?

Any other stompboxes that can do this?

Thanks,

~M

2. jujube_2a

jujube_2a

Jan 18, 2006
    Corsica, France
    Excuse me, maybe it's because I'am French but I don't understand what you mean by : "to run in the first series effects loop (the one that comes just after the Pre-EQ DI)."
    I own this pedal and what I can say about it is :
    "I am looking for a great overdrive/ muscular distortion"
    Because of this pedal features dual channel distortion, you can get both great overdrive and muscular distortion from it.
    "I was thinking about the Bassdrive and boost the internal voltage to 18V"
    You can run the Bass-Drive at 18V.
    "would this give me the clean power needed to bring the signal level back up"
    You can also use the Bass-Drive as a clean boost @ 9V.

3. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    The thunderfunk TFB550 has two series effects loops, one before the tone stack and parametirc EQ and one before the power amp. I would like to run the Bassdrive IN the effects loop - but alas the series effects does NOT have a level control so I am at the mercy of the pedal's natural output level.

My question is CAN the bassdrive function properly and at nominal volume if I use 18V because I'm pretty sure 9V will not be sufficient to maintain a useable volume level when the pedal is in the loop.

Hope I was able to clarify.

Essentially I'm looking for an overdrive/ distorion pdeal that can function at line levels.

~M

4. jujube_2a

jujube_2a

Jan 18, 2006
    Corsica, France
    Sorry, I didn't know this amp.
    I've just seen it on the thunderfunk website.
    "My question is CAN the bassdrive function properly and at nominal volume if I use 18V"
    My answer is definitly yes!
    Also, the "volume" knob on the Bass-Drive allows you to balance the sound when the pedal is on/off.