Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fulltone Bassdrive VS Digitech Bad Monkey

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 33degrees, Oct 28, 2005.

1. 33degrees

33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    Spain
    fulltone Bassdrive VS Digitech Bad Monkey

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Oranges vs carrots.

Let me put the comparison this way: there's a big difference between a pedal being great for the money, and a great pedal

3. 33degrees

33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    Spain
    some people on harmony central would disaggree
    its interesting becuase others have said they have owned both and actually prefer the bad monkey.
    BTW.
    Carrots and oranges are both the same colour and are both made into morning drinking juices, i actually think orange is a little sweeter :p

4. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    i read some reviews while it was gaining popularity. i still havent tried one myself, but maybe tomorrow or sunday i'll stop by a sam ash.

so its supposed to be some kinda tube-screameresque overdrive with only low to moderate gain without the mid-hump. and also apparently does a decent clean boost. all for $30-$40 new. very interesting. veeeeeeeery itnerseting.

5. FunkyLemz

FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    I dont know much about the Digitech Bad Monkey, but I have heard good things about the fulltone. I think since you already have some nice stiff you should fork out the extra dough for the driver. Im not a huge fan of digitech so this is a bias piece of advice.
    Mike

6. 33degrees

33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    Spain
    in fact im picking a bassdrive up tomorrow, this is a last attempt find a cheaper alternative

7. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

The Jacques Tubeblower is an excellent cheaper alternative to the BassDrive.

8. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I've tried both, and I thought the digitech was (like the ibanez pd-7) great for the money. But I didn't think it came close to touching the bassdrive.
    But it's not like I'm trying to say that someone is right and someone is wrong. It's all subjective opinions, and that's mine.

9. 33degrees

33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    Spain
    yes i was thinking of that one but im getting it secondhand for the same price as a new tubeblower. i emailed Jaques and he replied saying it wasnt a ts9 circuit, he said it was based on a fett circuit. thats kind of put me off becuase i wanted the ts9 brown modd and the bassdrive is something similiar, anything ive written here might be wrong, just stuff ive picked up here and there so dont take this as gospel