Fulltone Bassdrive vs. Radial Bassbone

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by StarchMan, Oct 12, 2005.

1. StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    I am unable to decide, and I am unable to test either out. Which would be a better buy?! I need to get some opinions asap as time is running out on a promotion available to me!
  2. Apples and oranges imho.

The Bassdrive is an excellent overdrive pedal wheras the Bassbone is a preamp/DI pedal. I suggest you first decide what you need... and then make a decision based on that. :)
  3. StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003

I want an overdrive/distortion. The guy at the store told me about the Radial Bassbone (never heard of it) and said it would be a tube-driven comparable match?
  4. Well. Do you need the extra DI, EQ and seperate channels? If not... go for the Bassdrive.
  5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
  6. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    So different it hurts.

Not even apples and oranges more like apples and tigers ;)

He could of course be talking about a different radial pedal that does od/dist only and just got confused about the name.
  7. lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    od pedals from radial are: tonebone classic and tonebone hot british, there is a also a two channel classic avaliable: the trimode

all pedals are guitar pedals, but go very good with basses
  8. jamesblue

jamesblue Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Central Maryland
    The Fulltone is the best I've ever heard for bass. I've had mine for 5 years and love it.
    These are two different machines. Buy the Fulltone and you'll never, IMO, have to get anohter dist/od.
    Dave. :bassist:
  9. Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne