FullTone Fat Boost

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MikeBass, Oct 21, 2004.

1. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    I know this is in the wrong place........BUT........You guys gotta try one of these. Just tried it for the first time (I've had it for about 3 months now-just never had a chance to plug it in) and my oh my does it really.....well, fatten things up.
    But not at all muddy fat, just more of a "feel" kind of thick.
    I know this will get moved, but more of you guys would see this here and maybe check it out.
    Used it on the gig with my Fodera Emperor 5 and F Bass BNF5 into a Eden WT330 & Epi 310UL FWIW.
    I may never not use one again. I didn't use it to boost, although it can by 30db, but more of an effect.
    Started out to just match the levels between my F Bass & Fodera,as the Fodera is hotter, but ended up using it on both basses.
    Like I said, kinda thickens up the low end without really changing your tone and not mudding up things.
    Check it out
  2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

3. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I agree it didn't mess with my tone when I tried it out, but felt it's kinda useless for a bass. IMO, it's better to use on guitar during solos, to jump out front a little more.
  4. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i just picked one of these up yesterday as a used item in mint condition.

still in the honeymoon stage with it but so far i like it a lot. even at unity gain it seems to add some thickness and clarity. it makes me think of the Aphex Exciter i used to have, but this is more subtle and doesnt sound digital.

i will be testing it on guitar today to see where i like it most.

i really wanted a boost so that i could put it in front of my phaser for a more dramatic phaser effect, but i may use this as part of my normal "dry" sound now.