1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Fulltone OCD not taking power supply

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by PlanetNewJersey, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Hello TB bothers and sisters.

I was jamming with a drummer buddy of mine, and I noticed that my amp (Vox vt40+, I was playing guitar) was making weird buzz noises, even when the overdrive (Fulltone OCD) was turned off. At first, I thought it was the amp, but later I plugged the guitar (PRS SE Custom 24) directly into the amp with no problem. As soon as I put the OCD back into the chain, so it was guitar-OCD-amp, it made the buzz noise again. From research, I discovered that pedals will do that when they need a battery replacement, although I had the OCD plugged into a power supply(One Spot, and then a tried an EHX one too). The power supply used to work with the OCD, and it still works with all the other pedals...

In short, the OCD no longer accepts a power supply, but only batteries. Does anybody know if this is an easy fix? Should I email Fulltone and see if they give me a replacement? I'd rather not have to keep buying batteries.
    Thanks for your help!

2. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I would definitely contact them. I wouldn't necessarily start with asking for a replacement. They would likely repair it. Is it still under warranty?

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021