1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FULLTONE OCD on Bass????

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by slapstick13, Apr 27, 2010.

1. slapstick13

slapstick13

Feb 5, 2010
    How is this pedal on bass? Anyone find it useable in a band setting? Does it retain low end? Looking to either get this or a bass drive mosfet. Any experience would be greatly appreciated.

2. Hipnotic2005

Hipnotic2005

Oct 18, 2009
    Argentina
    Its a great pedal, really usefull to cut in the mix.
    Take a look to the guy of russian circles.

3. It's a fairly popular pedal on a bass, so if you do a search you should be able to find a lot of info including sound clips.

4. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    From your last thread.

5. faceinbass

faceinbass

Apr 20, 2008
    KCMO
    LOL

6. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    Sounds great. Retains more low end than the Bass Drive and cuts through a lot more. The LP/HP switch is pretty versatile as well.

7. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I just spend about 3 hours comparing a V.4 OCD to my Xotic BB Bass preamp. I can't decide which I like more.

The Xotic is more transparent, and retains ALL the low end. Nothing is lost, but the Fulltone OCD kind of sounds a little more open and is more versatile. I love the TONE knob, it helps control those annoying highs that can come from using oD pedals. The OCD does cut some bass, but I think in the mix it may cut through better.

Both are great pedals BTW.
    I'd be happy with any one of them.

I have only tried the OCD V.4, so I can't comment on other versions, but you can read this:

http://www.pedalarea.com/ocd.htm

8. slapstick13

slapstick13

Feb 5, 2010
    Thanks for that link Afroman. So they say that version 4 has less bass and...
    -Richer even order harmonic distortion due to to asymmetrical clipping
    -Improved Volume-control .

Do you think I should look for a version 3 for more bass? Or would the 'richer harmonic distortion' of the Version 4 be a better improvment from the V.3?

9. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Sames questions I have.:meh:

It says less bass, but to em it sounds wonderful.
    It has all the character that my old Mosfet Bassdrive had, but in amore transparent clearer way while being much more compact, versatile and retaining the low end better.

10. slapstick13

slapstick13

Feb 5, 2010
    Damn Im buying the next one that goes in sale here! I had the version 4 for guitar a few years ago and it was the best od pedal Ive used for guitar. However I never even tried it on bass and Im now a fulltime bassist! Damn.

This is going to replace my vt bass which I have given up on for my 'edgier' bass sound(please no one yell at me for this comment!)

11. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    You can hear the OCD all over the bass tracks on Every Time I Die's New Junk Aesthetic.