1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fulltone OCD

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by OriginalCrash, May 31, 2007.

1. Anyone checked it out? I've read a lot about the Bass-Drive and a bit about the Fat Boost, but I haven't seen much on the OCD. Is it a good pedal for bass? How versatile is it? Any sound clips, perhaps (there are a couple on Fulltone's site, but they're both on guitar)?

Brian

2. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
  3. Thanks. I did do a search for it, but I suppose I didn't dig deep enough. I'll just let my boss know that I'll be spending more time honing my searching skills on TB and see what he says lol.

Brian

4. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    So, you're saying that you'll be wasting valuable work time goofing off on some silly internet site? Fantastic! Join the club. We meet here every day. :D

5. Oh believe me, I've already been spending plenty of time here every day... several times every day, that is.

Brian

6. moogboy

moogboy Inactive

Mar 1, 2007
    Moog Artist in Rock/Pop 5th down
    im cutting school today for two reasons: 1)i need a break from the monotony and depression of everyone at my school and 2) the TB Anonymous super meeting is happening this week.:hyper:

7. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    I'm usually on TB only once per day....once...all day long. :D

8. "Hello. My name is Brian, and I'm a TB-aholic."

Brian

9. moogboy

moogboy Inactive

Mar 1, 2007
    Moog Artist in Rock/Pop 5th down
    "Hello. My name is moogboy, and I'm a TB-Aholic to the point where when i am faced with a problem, i say 'what would insert appropriate TB'er name here do?'"

10. ihateusernames

ihateusernames

Jun 26, 2006
    back to the topic at hand for a second with this post.

i really, REALLY, like the OCD with bass - haven't bought one for myself yet but used the guitar players for a while and it really works well with passive basses (haven't tried my active through it yet)

low and high gain both sound great, i prefer the lower gain settings with it though.

11. sonicvi

sonicvi

Jun 10, 2005
    Houston, TX
    From what I've read, the OCD is a copy of the Voodoo Lab Overdrive which is based on the DOD 250 preamp that many people around here like on bass, but the OCD has a tone control and MOSFETs instead of diodes for clipping so it probably is a little bit tubier sounding than the DOD/VL.

12. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    So, your school is the same as work for everyone else? Get used to it, kid. ;)

13. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    i use the OCD for lowgain grit sounds. it is a pretty killer drive, and it works quite well with actives and passives. mine's currently in my VFB2's loop.

14. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Do you have a way to post clips? I'd be interested in hearing it.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just found jetpack's clips in the old OCD thread. Now I have GAS!

15. ihateusernames

ihateusernames

Jun 26, 2006
    sounds even better in the flesh

16. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    I'll find out soon. GAS and a positive balance in my PayPal account got the better of me. I should have an OCD in my hands on Monday or Tuesday :D

17. Eric!

Eric! Commercial User

Jan 22, 2009
    America's High-Five
    Mojo Hand FX
    Sig'd!

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021