1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fulltone Robin Trower OD for bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by G3Mitch, Jan 6, 2012.

1. G3Mitch

G3Mitch

Feb 8, 2011
    New Zealand
    I've been on the hunt for an OCD type pedal for a while, one has just popped up online here in New Zealand for a reasonable price.. but I've never heard of this version before, any experience or knowledge of this pedal on a bass??

Its also got a pretty cool custom paint job.

2. taurus1

taurus1

Sep 13, 2006
    Vancouver B.C.
    I don't know if this information is true or accurate, but I've read that the Robin Trower OD is the same as the OCD V1. I own a V1 and picked it because of all the versions it supposedly has the most bottom end. I haven't played bass through it enough to give an in depth opinion but if memory serves it does sound good on bass and isn't lean in the bottom end.

3. G3Mitch

G3Mitch

Feb 8, 2011
    New Zealand
    thanks for the reply taurus1.

I went for it, i forgot to mention its a clone built by a guy from over here. So in that respect, I'm happy to be paying a local pedal builder. He wasn't sure if it's good on bass, and didn't have a bass to try it out, but if what you say is true about it being like the v1 then ill be very happy.

check out the totally awesome paint job, the knobs are quite cool aswell.

Attached Files:

4. loendmaestro

loendmaestro Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    A few years ago I saw some band whose name escapes me & he had a nice distorted tone on one tune. I asked him about it after the show & he said he was using the Trower Fulltone. Sounded great to my ears...

5. G3Mitch

G3Mitch

Feb 8, 2011
    New Zealand
    ill let you know how it goes, arrives today :bassist:

6. G3Mitch

G3Mitch

Feb 8, 2011
    New Zealand
    for anyone whos interested, been messing with this pedal for a few days. it does have a SLIGHT loss in low end... but its got nice grind, and it will stay for now. It kinda suits faster playing, you wouldnt use it for a slow number or sustained chords/notes. I would like to try an actual OCD for comparison though... theres a V4 for sale at the moment , whats low end loss like with those???

7. Im not sure which version I have but I bought it new like 6 months ago and it's my fav pedal. I know a few guys that use them too. mine keeps the bottom just fine for me

8. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    V3 is has the best bass response, then v4

9. G3Mitch

G3Mitch

Feb 8, 2011
    New Zealand
    Why don't I just stop wasting time and get an OSD? haha.