1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fully Carved 2002 Samuel Shen SB 800 Rogeri Model - Price Drop! $6,000

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by Doublebassman85, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Price:
    $6000
    Strings:
    Selling my wonderful Shen SB 800 Rogeri Model made in 2002. This is an earlier production Shen that has been well played in, just shy of 20 years old. The SB800 is Shen's top of the line fully-carved bass and this one features highly flamed maple back/sides with a tight-grain spruce top. Beautiful dark varnish that I haven't seen on many other Shens. Ebony fingerboard and wooden bridge adjusters. In great shape and has never had any damage or repairs. I've used this bass successfully both as a student and professionally as a backup instrument. Very versatile bass that over-performs it's price point and sounds great for both classical and jazz playing. Comes with a case.

Located in Kansas City and willing to meet within a 2-3 hours drive.

Asking $6,500 OBO.

Would consider a vintage Pbass or high-end German bow in a trade/partial trade. Would also trade towards a bass in the 10-15k range plus cash on my end.

String length - 41 1/2"
    Rib depth - 8 1/4"
    Upper bouts - 20 1/2"
    Lower bouts - 26 1/4"

IMG_1229.jpg IMG_1232.jpg IMG_1230.jpg IMG_1233.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    dfp and Chad Michael like this.
  2. bassmanbrent

bassmanbrent Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    Will this bass ever be in Portland? I'd like to come check it out if it makes it to the west coast... Thanks!

3. jheggen

jheggen

Aug 7, 2013
    Hello - is this still available? If so, is it located in Kansas City? Thanks!

4. Price drop - $6,000 OBO

5. Just got this back with a new soundpost and a fresh set-up. Ready to go and sounds great!

seang15 likes this.
  6. anightintunisia

anightintunisia Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Any pizz audio clips / videos?

7. PM'd

8. jbaade77

jbaade77

Jun 1, 2004
    Lansing, MI
    PM'd

9. Contranash

Contranash Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Kansas City
    Great bass! Had a student trying it and we loved it, just a bit out of their range. Perfect for the advancing high schooler!

Doublebassman85 likes this.
  10. BrooklynBen

BrooklynBen Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2014
    New York
    Is this bass still available? And will this bass ever travel near New York City? Does it have a case>

I'd like to come check it out if possible. Will pm as well.

11. Updated with a few more pics. Great older Shen that sounds killer. All offers considered!

12. lowendgruve89

lowendgruve89

Jul 20, 2008
    California
    Is this bass still for sale??

13. Yep, still available. PM sent

14. 2much bass

2much bass

May 12, 2019
    PM'd

15. almal

almal

Aug 28, 2006
    Kansas City
    This bass really does sound great. @Doublebassman85 let me experiment with Spirocores on it and it really goes into "jazz cannon" mode. It plays easily and the wide shoulders give it a wonderful depth of tone. Whoever buys this is getting a lot of bass for their money.

Here's a youtube video to prove it (sorry for the background noise).

Wasnex and Doublebassman85 like this.
  16. almal

almal

Aug 28, 2006
    Kansas City
    One more... It really responds melodically to pizz. Nice and expressive with lots of clarity and sustain.

dfp, Hans Gruber and Wasnex like this.
  17. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Congrats!!!

Doublebassman85 and Wasnex like this.
  18. almal

almal

Aug 28, 2006
    Kansas City
    Hey, you sold it! Congrats, great bass deserved a great home :)

Doublebassman85 likes this.
  19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021