Fumbling around with my new camera: The Star-Spangled Banner

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Alvaro Martín Gómez A., Dec 22, 2005.

1. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Hi everybody.

Last weekend I bought a nice digital camera and now that my vacation time has officially started (excluding the gigs, of course) I want to spend some time with it. That's why I've just recorded a video of me in my working room playing my version of Stu Hamm's arrangement of The Star-Spangled Banner with my Bongo (phew! What a title!). Sorry for not showing my face, but I think that's the least important thing (insert the usual "mistakes warning" here).

As many of you already know, I'm really happy to offer my limited knowledge. If I can help by posting a video (hands and time permitting, of course), you can count on that. I highly encourage fellow TBers who have this possibility to share it with the rest of our community.
  2. Starbucker

Starbucker Guest

Jun 29, 2005
    Billings, MT
    Great job. That sounded really good.
  3. txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    What a lovely arrangement of The Star-Spangled Banner! You make me wish I knew some chords, and how to tap. That was wonderful!

Cherie :)
  4. HaVIC5

Aug 22, 2003
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Pretty tight performance, I definitely dug it. I would have hoped that you could have thrown in some variation of your own, but you did the original hymn and Stu's arrangement justice. Good job!
  5. That was nice Alvaro ! Thanks for sharing :)
  6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  7. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I played that too, but I didn't get much further than 45 seconds..
  8. Alvaro,
    Nice Job. I totally dug it.

9. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Hey! A friend asked me to upload the video to YouTube. Since YouTube is way more popular than PutFile and thinking about those of you who may be interested on learning this tune, now you can find it in YT as well:

10. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006