Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fun at band practice

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Garrett Mireles, Feb 18, 2003.

1. We were starting to get sidetracked with talking about women..then we eventually stopped practicing.

Then uh, our lead guitarist gave our drummer his guitar to try out.

What does he do? He tried to SLAP the strings..and broke 3. THREE. AT ONCE. Haha...

Then I gave our rhythm geetarist my bass (just to shut him up lol), which was a 6 string Tung bass, John Myung - style.

It's not mine...I'm renting it.

Anyway, i put the strap up real high so it would be easier for him to play..heh..I put it on him..and he fell flat on his ASS. :D

Omg it was so fookin hilarious...luckily the bass wasn't damage. the head landed on a torn up couch. =P

2. Thats sad.... weak guitarist -_-

3. Lol, he's pretty scrawny, I will admit. I just think he underestimated the weight of the bass ;)

I still can't get over our drummer breaking half the strings on our lead guitarist's guitar.... :D

4. Good, I don't like guitar :) They get all the credit -_-

5. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    I love sidetracked practices. I gut a goooood story!

Im sure people around here are familiar with rogue:rolleyes:. At one practice, we were foolin around wit my RB200 amp head. Had major problems. so I got an urge to "Hulk smash" and I jumped on it. then my drummer hits it with a hammer. then our lead guitarist takes a fog machine, puts it up to the cooling went, and turns it on. fog bellowed out the front. then the fog began to turn black:D the thing got really hot, and soon it hit us, the thing was on fire, lol. we took it out to the driveway, with a blizzard goin on outside, and I picked it up, threw it about 20 feet in the air, and it hit the ground with an awsome "thwack!" parts were flyin everywhere. then the drummer takes my old 10 dollar broken distortion pedal, and runs it over with his van.

Now thats an anger managment practice!!!

6. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    A side-tracked practice for my band usually occurs when the good whisky is pulled out or someone shows up with some spaceweed.

Then we either get into a 30 minute country-fried funk groove or just fire up the Dreamcast instead...

Fortunately, this only happens once every couple of months. You don't have to be professional ALL the time....

DD

7. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Sounds like a couple of fish stories :rolleyes:

8. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    you want pictures of the remains of the rogue?

9. You got it!

We spent our own time making up stories..then we came HERE and typed them...hoping to impress other people on the internet whom we will never meet in real life.

Ya got me. :D

10. DUH!:rolleyes: