fun at gc in boston

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by warwickben, Dec 14, 2002.

1. i went to guitar center today ,i forget what but i was messing around the hole time there. there was a guy with a bass he said its a custom made bass. i forget who made it.i know the makers frist name begun with a j and the last name started with a t. the guy at the store said there really big with session players.

i have this problem i can slap good but i never know what to play i was messing around and he said i was pretty good. i was just messing around. i told him i suck cause i never know what to play. he told me not to worry cause iam young. he said some thing about my nerves,my dad told me that he ment that when iam playing fast i dont mess up cause iam worry about messing.seemed like a cool guy.

wanted to share this. i dont know why now
  2. gc in boston is a pretty cool place. they get some cool used basses in there; they always seem to have at least four thunderbirds in the corner. which is a lage amount considering the size of thier bass section. the guys that work there aren't too crappy either.
  3. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

jay turser?
  4. odie

odie Supporting Member

thats what I thought!! You beat me to it!!
  5. funny but its was this retty sick bass.there one guy that works there, he is so funny to talk to cause he sounds like the really burnt out guy from half baked
  6. who; me?
    oh, you mean jim bruer.:p
  7. WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    In the summertime I always used to go to my moms work place in Boston, and I aways went to GC and I would hang out for hours. No one seemed to care cause I'd always end up buying strings and random acessories. I used to watch some of the Berklee kids come down and jam on the sidewalk outside. I think that area makes me really want to go to a music school after I go to my 2 year college.
  8. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

hee hee :D
  9. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    The name of the bass is James Tyler. That guy is a good friend and customer of mine named Jamie. That is one of the best basses I've EVER played, and I've owned just about everything! I am a Tyler dealer, and have one on order for myself that I'll see sometime in 2003!
    He came to my shop just after you saw him and compared the Bergantino cabs to the stuff he was trying at G.C. Guess who won?!?!
  10. the guy seemed wicked cool.he was trying out ampeg cabs. iam still sprise some one like the way i slap. can u get me a link to the bass makers site if he has one.
  11. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    The website is
    The current wait time for a Tyler Bass is 18-24 months, and the price STARTS at $3200.00 SELL price! Like I said, I have 2 of his basses coming in sometime in the spring, so feel free to check them out!
  12. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    pretty cool basses, if theyd just cut down that stupid headstock. Wow thats ugly. Im sure they sound good though.