Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fun new toy

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jasonbraatz, Jan 12, 2003.

1. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i just picked up one of these from wal-mart for $13.

[​IMG]

it's so much fun! the range is a little weak (about 15 feet) but there are mods i can make to improve it. pretty quick too. and my cat HATES it and wishes it would die!

anyone else have a mini r/c car?

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I have a hot wheels size Jeff Gordon RC car.

3. Nope, but I want one reaaaaaaaaal bad. Ill go buy one someday soon. What mods can you do to it to increase range?

Speaking of Jeff Gordon...anyone else see his appearance on SNL? Man was that awful!

4. jade

jade

Mar 8, 2002
    YYC
    those are awesome!!

i got one for christmas (a cheap copy) and my brother order one from the states (the real one from japan) a few months back. he did so many mod to his (new motor, new tires, new antenna. etc) that it doesnt turn anymore, only goes straight. now he's going to turn mine into a plane.

that's my brother car, i dont have a pic of mine.
    [​IMG]

5. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i ahve a buddy of mine that's into all that stuff...he's put like 2K into his monster pirate--machined aluminum everything...nuts! and he's got three or four of those little mini rc cars....and yes, cats HATE them :D they're pretty fun.

6. I dropped a 3.8 into mine, these things kick ass, my friends and I all have one, and we are all over 18.

God I'm a dork.

7. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    That's pretty sweet, Jason. My store had a Skyline Microsizer, but I haven't seen it since Christmas. Those were selling for about 20.

(It always comes back to the Skyline.)

8. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    My mom gave me one of those for Christmas! :D My cat loves to play with it.

9. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Remember the Chargee's from the ealry 90's?

My little brother has a rc car but its about 2 feet. Very fast might I add.

10. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I got 2 of them for Christmas. They rock :D One of my cats hates them. My other thinks its a toy. My dog just doesnt realy care. I took it into school today infact. Everyone thought it was cool. Sitting there in the middle of band class driving all around peoples feet. fun stuff :D