1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fun on Rocket Music Forum

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by JOME77, May 12, 2010.

1. JOME77

JOME77

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    I was noticing the other day that I find myself trolling the TB Rocket Music forum almost as much as the TB Roscoe forum these days!

What's up with that?!?

If it's not a thread on a new piece of gear or bass it's new cool sound clips or tips on how to be a mo' better player.

:meh: I also noticed that this Forum is having an adverse affect on my bank account too!:eek: :help: ... actually my wife brought that to my attention!

You throw a pretty cool party Greg! :bassist:

2. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Hey - thanks, Joe! It's been a treat meeting all you guys electronically, and I'm still gonna meet you face-to-face at the next Roscoe GTG!!

What else can I do that I'm not doing? I'm always on the lookout for some new idea to keep it interesting around here!

3. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    OY :scowl: :(

:)

4. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Between my Roscoe and Leather
    Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft
    Totally agree Joe! If I'm not lurking in one it's cause I'm in the other :D

We get to trade "arm punches" then right?:bag::p

1. Start playing like a drunk monkey! (like me:smug:)

2. Start carrying stuff I don't wanna buy!

:spit:

:D

It's already too "interesting" 'round here. You got me pestering you ;)

It's always been fun here in the "Electronic Rocket". I've enjoyed the whole time.

God Bless, Ray

5. Hey Greg, how about a clinic? Get everybody in and have some fun. That way everybody could play all this great equipment.

6. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Heh, first thing I do when I log on to TB, is check Rocket and Roscoe(I'm subscribed to both fourms, so they show up on my control panel), my online home. :cool:

I hear that...:D
    Heh, not likely.:p

I tell ya, if it weren't for that pesky Atlantic Ocean, I'd be broke, I dunno how you guys who are within drivingf distance manage.

7. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Cash poor, but bass rich!! :D

8. Darkstrike

Sep 14, 2007
    Exactly! :hyper:

9. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Me Too! Same procedure when I log on. :D

Um how'd you like to be within driving distance, without the ability to drive:meh::help: Least you can point to the big azz pond in the way.:smug: All I got is the fact that I'd either be arrested, or more likely I'd get real personal with a telephone pole, or reveen, or lake, or 72 Buick Deuce and a Quarter.

Nerve racking I tell ya !

God Bless, Ray

10. Darkstrike

Sep 14, 2007
    Great minds think alike, but why do we? :bag::D

I'd be broke from taxi fares... :D:ninja::D

FWIW, I can't drive, but, it's entirely because I'm a lazy bum, and never learned. :meh:

11. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    I keep hoping we can work Jimmy Haslip in sometime, but we'd have to work it to coincide with something like a Yellowjackets gig in Roanoke. I know Dylan (an awesome bass player, by the way) who runs the Jefferson Center down in Roanoke. That's where cats like the Flecktones, Derek Trucks, etc. play when they come through. They have a nice side room where they can do clinics and such, I've been to one with Victor there. Anyway, I've asked Dylan to look into booking the Yellowjackets a few times, but I'm not sure that'll ever get anywhere...

To do something here in the 'Burg, we should do an open house/GTG kind of thing. Use like the last two hours of our business day to do a meet/greet/play thing here in the store, then mosey up the street somewhere for some brews and grub. Maybe we can catch a night where Cameron is playing, and we can all go heckle him? Of course, then we'd all go home and cry 'cause we can't play like that!!

This is the last week with all the college kids in town, so something like that is about to become really atttractive. A "celebrate being able to park downtown again" celebration :)

12. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    I dunno :ninja: that's puzzling (Cue Twilight Zone theme) :D

Frickin' Taxi driver laughed at me :spit:. So what if it's 8 hours one way. Wimps!

God Bless, Ray

13. Darkstrike

Sep 14, 2007
    I'm telling ya, no one wants to work anymore.... :meh:

14. HEY!!!

:mad:

...so, why wasn't I invited to this party?

:meh:

15. Darkstrike

Sep 14, 2007
    Quick, hide! :bag:

16. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Greg requires bottoms at his functions.:bag:

God Bless, Ray

17. We've been lucky enough to have some pretty big hitters come through the burg, Mike Pope was just here a couple of months ago. I tell ya what would cool is to have Cameron and George do something.

18. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    If George is playing, I am, too!! I can't stand to be in the same room when he's playing and I'm not. That boy good!!

And, Gard, you're ALWAYS invited! It doesn't even need to be said.

19. Awesome, let me know about the idea of a GTG, I'm THERE if I can be (i.e. no gig)!

:)

20. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Lemme know if you plan somethin' too. Even if I got a gig, I'll get the Bear from ChuckECheeses to sub for me.

God Bless, Ray