1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fun Online Game Bassists Should Be Good At

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by owensea777, Jul 17, 2007.

1. owensea777

owensea777 Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    It's called Up Beat, here's the link:
    http://www.miniclip.com/games/up-beat/en/

It's fun and may even help develop finger coordination! But there's one rule: never, ever, turn the sound on. The music is absolutely Horrid with a capital H.

So, what do y'all think?

2. Pretty good as far as crap games go, i am terrible at it and hope it isn't a very good guage as to how my bass playing is :p

3. fryBASS

fryBASS

Aug 8, 2006
    New Haven, CT
    Hehe, its kinda like guitar hero.

4. hartke20g

hartke20g

Apr 12, 2006
    miami, FL
    honestly it's fun- if your computer can keep up with it. i missed a lot of stuff simply because of those stupid animations of "GOOD", "EXCELLENT", etc. almost challenged my computer to a beat-off.

:D (yea, i remember the "beat-off" thread.

5. bburk

bburk

Jul 24, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    kinda cool. not really that great if you have any rhythm though. It rewards you for being early, but if you are even a little late, it either counts as a 'miss' or goes toward the next 'note', plus the 'miss' effect obscures and slows down the music. So you can't really listen to the beat and follow along, unless you are content on rushing the beat all the time...

6. ya that missed thing got annoying..
    i think my typing skills came to play in that game
    and it would be easier if the squares coming down had the letters on them :D

7. owensea777

owensea777 Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    I sucked at first, then I got really good and slightly addicted, now I wish there were more songs. Where's the keyboard solo from Light My Fire, dammit?!?

8. dinghy

dinghy

May 27, 2007
    Saratoga, CA
    It's like DDR with the keyboard. Less frustrating, because my feet keep going off center with the DDR pad.

Anyways post your scores. 155911 on the 'Weekend' one with 138 max combo. First try, I felt I could have done better.

9. Not that hard when you've spent as much time on Guitar Hero as I have. :bassist:

10. owensea777

owensea777 Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    Bodyrox - 725051
    Blown Away - 205715
    Baby Baby - 1202880

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    It's not worth listening to the music.

12. afinalfantasy