1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

fun project bass idea

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ballison, Apr 13, 2006.

1. I was thinking...I wonder what a bass would look like with a bunch of different pickups...so I photoshoped a body...man this would be fun to do. jazz, p, MM, and midi. with on/off toggle switches for each pickup, 4 band eq, blend for midi pickup, midi patch change buttons, and a series/parralel/single coil for the music man pickup. Im sure it prolly wouldn't be practical at all, but it would be alot of fun to see if I could pull it off hah

2. steal-o-matic

steal-o-matic

Apr 11, 2004
    Sounds like a great idea, i don't see how it would't be very practical, with so many pup options

3. I know...not practical at all it would just be fun to see it all put together...I just wanna see how something like that would sound

4. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    To top it off you need a Fat Finger, Tremelo System, De-Tuner, and LED light markers on both the front and side of the neck.

You also would need some sort of Black Ice onboard distortion. See if you can route for a couple of onboard effects, too.

Need I say it? RETRACTABLE FRETS!!

:D

5. love the idea!
    you should do it! you could have almost any tone ever :)