Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fun time

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Stu L., Jan 6, 2003.

1. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    This past Sat. nite our "band" got togother at the rythm guitarist's place to jam/rehearse/practice. It was cool b/c his dad has a workshop across the highway from the house (in the country) so we could turn up real loud. The only instructions we had were from his mother "if someone uses the toilet, make sure the flapper gets shut, or the whole road will be flooded in the morning". Not too hard to follow, right?;)

After about 3 hours of playing, and a few trips to the can from all, I turn around mid-song to see what can best be described as a "river" flowing right towards my set-up:eek: ! My cab is on casters, and it is clean water (re-fill, not discharge) but there were electrical cords everywhere. So, your truly stops playing, lays his bass on higher ground, and picks up an Ampeg head and 4x10 (i am rather strong :D ) and high tails it to the other side of the room. The drummer was not so fortunate. All the equipment was fine, electrical cords were moved in plenty of time, and we all had a good laugh.

It was rather fun looking back, and we can go back to play there again. Just though I'd share!

2. good story-:D

3. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    Sounds like quite the practice! :D

4. no explosions? dang;) :D

5. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Next practice this weekend. I'll see what I can do ;)

I do plan on wearing a life preserver...

6. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Ahhhhhh............Texas life.

7. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    What do ya'll think of the name Overflow?:D
    That's really what we're thinking about.

8. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Good....but I'm kinda partial to "Floating Terds"

9. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    I'll let you kep that one. Think "Side Project";)

10. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Hahahaha......it's a deal my friend!