1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fun w/ feedback

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Al the Shrug, Sep 1, 2003.

1. Anyone else ever use a combo of effects, various balance and sound switches and feedback to get cool sounds/noises from the bass?
    For example, try a chorus pedal and a delay pedal, with a touch of reverb. If you move the bass slowly and carefully to and away from the amp, doppler effect will create a chilling little howl/whine. It sounds straight from a horror movie soundtrack.:eek: or worse...
    I'm just wondering if anyone else experiments with this kind of stuff, and if they have any good findings.

2. I have a Digitech BP200 and it has a howling-type sound already included and many echo effects...always good when i'm bored to just mess around with it

3. i found doing the highest pitched harmonic, thats also clear very clear, can do wonders when the volume is up and your right next to the amp... ;)

4. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I use practice, musical theory, experience, and big ears to get cool sounds/noises from the bass.

5. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I hate squeals and feedback, hurts my ears. :(

Our singer has a tendency to drop her vocal mic down towards the stage monitors when not singing... :)