Fun w/ feedback

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Al the Shrug, Sep 1, 2003.

1. Anyone else ever use a combo of effects, various balance and sound switches and feedback to get cool sounds/noises from the bass?
    For example, try a chorus pedal and a delay pedal, with a touch of reverb. If you move the bass slowly and carefully to and away from the amp, doppler effect will create a chilling little howl/whine. It sounds straight from a horror movie soundtrack.:eek: or worse...
    I'm just wondering if anyone else experiments with this kind of stuff, and if they have any good findings.
  2. I have a Digitech BP200 and it has a howling-type sound already included and many echo effects...always good when i'm bored to just mess around with it
  3. i found doing the highest pitched harmonic, thats also clear very clear, can do wonders when the volume is up and your right next to the amp... ;)
  4. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I use practice, musical theory, experience, and big ears to get cool sounds/noises from the bass.
  5. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I hate squeals and feedback, hurts my ears. :(

Our singer has a tendency to drop her vocal mic down towards the stage monitors when not singing... :)