Fun way to kill wasps

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kserg, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Ok so I have wasps on my back yard... Was out and about when they attacked me... they got in about 10+ good bites on me... two got stock in my beard and died with out getting to my skin…also had few bites to the neck. And one was stuck on my back for about 5minutes…

I want to kill them all but I also don’t want them coming back.

I called the professional... $150 and they wont even kill them... he said he will come and knock the thing down... adding that they will be around my backyard with out home and then will go away... I assume they will be pretty pissed about it too so they will go after me again. And I just don’t see fun in that… I want to see them suffer a little.

So here comes the question… how do I kill them on my own? And so they don’t come back either… but make it fun too :) Any one done any fun things like that? Please do tell:)

2. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    i despise wasps...bees, hornets and the likes.... i locked one between my screen and window and let it buzz and die....for your problem i suggest get protection on and flamethrower! except watch your house....
  3. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

fun ?
    you really are a twisted individual , aren't you ?:D

Raid makes a good spray that will do the job just fine ...

unless they're zombies ,
    i doubt they will come back .
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

Be careful in the hot, dry weather though. I don't want to see you on the national news being blamed for a 50,000 acre fire!!!

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    bug spray in a supersoaker.
  6. TheNerdBass

Jun 30, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    If you're good... you can sneak up and set an M-80 somewhere inside the hive. That would be the epitome of a good time. :)
  7. Seriously. Hot, soapy tap water. Wait until early evening when they are all hangin' around at the nest and bragging about how many times they stung you. Fill pitchert with tap water as hot as you can get it (don't bother boiling...waste of time). Stir in a decent amount of dish soap. Sling at nest. Be sure to be as accurate as possible. Wasps die almost immediately.

8. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i had one inbetween my two doors once.

i didn't let it buzz and die, i just flooded the area with water. drowned the suck.
  9. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Just use wasp spray man. It's always worked for me. One night though me and two buddies were spending the night in this old shack out on my land and it was full of hornets because no one had stayed in it for a long time. We ran out of the little wasp spray we had pretty quick and spent the rest of the night playing poker and intermittently killing hornets with a hammer when they'd land on something solid.

brad cook
  10. You could always wear a protection suit, bring your rig outside and crank it up. I'd say that would do the job, and if not, flamethrowers work very well too pending you don't set fire to your lawn.
  11. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I'm with Brad, I've had real good luck with the commercial wasp spray's most of which have a range of 30' or so. I believe your suppose to wait till dusk when their less active and most are in the nest, a good dose of that stuff will definitely solve the problem.
  12. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Here's my suggestion.

Buy lots of hairspray. I recommend Aquanet because it is easy to spray, dries quickly, has much alcohol, and is flammable.

Wearing some protective clothing, I suggest spraying the wasps and the nest with hairspray. The hairspray will not only burn their exoskeleton, but it will also harden to a point where the wasp will not be able to fly or even move.

The ones that survive the spraying will not be able to defend themselves from your next manuver - torching the little b@st@rd$!

When you are done, place your right foot on top of the hive while beating on your chest and letting out a primal scream. You showed those arthropods why you're above them in the food chain!
  13. gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    I have wasps, and they never go away. I need to keep diligently spraying anything that looks like a mud nest. Also if you keep back and watch em for a while, you can see where they go and attack it. I get em in my hot water heater thingy since it vents outside which is trouble because of the pilot light. Generally the shooting spray - goes 30 feet and works well, u dont even need to kill em all, just spray the nest a bit and they'll die in time.
  14. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    the bomb spray stuff is great.. it's like a sticky foam that poisons them all in a matter of seconds.. you just sit and watch in glee as they stiffen up and fall to the ground in hordes! For the record, wasps, ants, bees, and all those little pests use stingers..ants only bite you to hold on for grip while they are stinging you :D
  15. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Hmmm... the fire ideas sound a lot like fine... problem is... nest is in a building:) as much as I want to burn down a building to kill wasps I don’t think I should:/ I might use those ideas for after i kill most of them to take care of the nest:)

I guess Brads idea sounds like fun and effective... any subjections on which spray would be better... do they really shoot out from 20 feet away?

Oh and after i kill them all... what do i do with a nest? take it down and burn it? maybe some home made explosive as subjected would be fun?

Thanks guys... this will be fun...:)

Oh and i am not sick in anyway... i don’t mind little bustards at all or hate them... i don’t even mind being stung... its just they should know their limit... They stepped over the line we agreed on and now they must die.

16. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    I know:) it was just miss-use of words... then i hoped no one would notice right after i posted and re-read it:)

Give me a break, I am retarded:)
  17. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

" i repeat myself when under stress , i repeat myself when under stress ..."
  18. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    HEY! hehe sorry about that... raid it is:) thanks bud:)

What’s weird is... i even took note of that and thought to my self "tomorrow i should go get some of that raid stuff... and asked the question anyways:)
  19. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    After most of them are dead I think you should get a heavy duty garbage bag and bring it up around the nest and make the nest fall into the bag. Then you can take the nest away from the building and have fun with fire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.