Fun with Homeland Security

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Jan 11, 2004.

1. I rented a 14' U-Haul truck today to move a fridge and I stalled out on Figueroa Street right in front of the L.A. Auto Show. Since I couldn't call 911 from my phone I had to run into the Convention Center to do it on a payphone.

What's scary is that I didn't see a single LAPD officer come within 500' of my truck at any point while I was near it, and I doubt any did while I was off at the phone. Keep in mind that this is the same kind of truck that was used to blow up the Murrah building in Oklahoma City in '95.

Luckily, I was able to get just enough juice to the battery for it to start up again about 15 minutes later.
  2. Don't give me ideas McFerrin ;)
  3. I've made sure to carry a Farmer's Alminac with me wherever I go now... ;)
  4. Word. Great book.
  5. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000

AAAAAAACtually, it was a Ryder truck that was used.

My question is this--what exactly do you expect police to do? I have a feeling that they probably see hundreds of U-Haul's, Ryder's, and whatnot every week. They have no reason to suspect one that sits there for 30 minutes. They can't even legally search one unless they have probable cause, and unless there was something suspicious near the truck, they didn't have any.
  6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Were you carrying any nailclippers at the time? I hear they can be used as weapons of mass destruction.
  7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    If I were a cop I would have taken one look at your smugness and arrested you on the spot...or used tear gas. ;) :D ;)
  8. Pelletbag rifle !!
  9. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Who gives a rat's ass about an auto show.
    I mean...really. :spit:
  10. The cars do so they can look purty ^^
  11. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    That's nothing -- I've been dropping dirty bombs all morning and no one has taken the slightest notice.

It's probably a good thing that I'm the only one in the office right now...

12. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    How does Secret Donkey know when he's hungry?

His butt stops burning.

(Sorry, Dude)
  13. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Unless you was disguised, they got you down on tape man. You see, they got them Black Helicopters man.:eek: