Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fundamentals?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by El Zilcho, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Could anyone be kind enough to point me to a resource that details a stringed instrument setup?

I have am Ibanez that sounds a plays great, but as you all can well imagine, I want it to sound better :rolleyes:

The problem I have is that I don't understand the process of making adjustments to the string height and length and what affect that has on the overall tuning of the string... Did that make sense?

So before I make myself into a bafoon and cause my Bass to sound worse I was hoping I could get a lesson in the fundamentals of string tuning.

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  3. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    You know, I like that Gary Willis page but I think one thing it fails to mention is how important having correct height/placement at the top nut is. If that's not in good shape, all of that other information is a lot less useful IMO.