1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fundamentals?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by El Zilcho, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Could anyone be kind enough to point me to a resource that details a stringed instrument setup?

I have am Ibanez that sounds a plays great, but as you all can well imagine, I want it to sound better :rolleyes:

The problem I have is that I don't understand the process of making adjustments to the string height and length and what affect that has on the overall tuning of the string... Did that make sense?

So before I make myself into a bafoon and cause my Bass to sound worse I was hoping I could get a lesson in the fundamentals of string tuning.

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  3. You Da' Man!!! :cool:

4. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    You know, I like that Gary Willis page but I think one thing it fails to mention is how important having correct height/placement at the top nut is. If that's not in good shape, all of that other information is a lot less useful IMO.