1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Funk Brothers Day in Hollywood March 21,2013

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by SoCal1, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Pleased to announce that The greatest hit making machine in music history will be receiving their Star on The Hollywood Walk Of Fame on Thursday March 21, 2013. Hope many of you can attend to honor Jamerson, Babbitt, and the rest of the guys. Sorry to post in this forum, but I wasn't sure where to place this announcement.

2. Mushroo

Mushroo Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    What a positive story, thank you for sharing! Funk Brothers certainly deserve the recognition. :)

3. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    Very cool. They deserve it

4. Octaves

Octaves

Jun 22, 2012
    ^ +1.

5. testing1two

testing1two Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Southern California
    Very cool. I'll try to make it down there.

6. The official ceremony for The Funk Brothers Star on The Hollywood Walk Of Fame will take place Thursday March 21st at 11:30 am sharp. The star will be placed on Hollywood Blvd at Sycamore. The public is invited to attend.

7. This has been in the works for awhile.
    There was talk about it on Babbits site before he passed.
    Well deserved indeed.

8. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    I just broke out my old SITSOM DVDs tonight. Every time I watch it I seem to have a perpetual smile on my face. Bob Babbitt was such a fantastic bassist, and such a genuinely nice person. And I kind of forgot how Joan Osborne just tore it UP on those vocals! Outstanding. Just a joy watching it, no matter how many times you've seen it. So much great music, and interesting conversation...

9. bottomend!

bottomend!

Oct 23, 2007
    here
    A very nice way to honor a timeless group of musicians. Too bad most of them cant be there to share the moment. R.I.P.

10. Some of the bassists who at this point have told us they plan to join the the celebration include James Jamersonlll, Phil Chen, Nate Watts, Tony Newton, and I also expect Freddie Washington.