1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Funkmaster Strings-Worth it?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Al3x, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Al3x

Al3x

May 15, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Hello,

I'm going to get a set of Funkmasters to put on my bass, and I would like a second opinion on them.

I can't slap :)bawl:) and I hate popping, but I heard that they sound great in the higher register, and also that Cliff Burton used them (Which is understandable-how else could he have bended the string up so much?)

So, considering that I play higher up pretty often, I was considering getting these.

Thoughts? Past experiences? Others experiences?

2. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06 Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    I use Rotosound Funkmasters on my Geddy Lee and LOVE the tone I get out of those things. A light touch is a must (VERY opposite of my P-Bass with heavy gauge flats!) but I think they are worth it. I've had them on for about 2 months and they still have very good brightness to them. No thump compared to the flats but can still hold then bottom end well. Excellent for tapping, bending and for double-stops/chords.

3. Ezmar

Ezmar

Jul 8, 2010
    Be careful, though, they might break easily. I have half a mind to get a set myself, but I go through strings so fast... :p