1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)
  2. The purpose of this forum is to solicit input on newsletter content.  Paul L. from Threadloom (threadloom_paul) is testing algorithms that will select threads to feature as "popular" in upcoming weekly emails.  He has access to this forum and will be posting here shortly.  Thanks! - Paul D.

Funky disco bass!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by geoffkhan, Mar 27, 2005.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I like it but it ain't disco! Sounds more like smooth jazz to me. I like Elixers as well. If those are new how did you get the twang outta them? The recording sounds like the strings are worn in a bit.

2. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Sounds great.

3. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Smooth Jazz it is :bassist:

4. The day before the recording I did a few hours of sampling the strings, so that helped. I also did some nice EQing and compressor to the bass channel in the song until I got just the right tone.

I'm pretty happy with the slap tone I get with Elixirs, too. My bass is a P bass, but between the strings and the active EMG pickups, it sounds amazing.