1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

US: Northeast Funky Doug Johns will be at NH Bass Fest, June 15-18th

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by Michael Barracato, Apr 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Four full days of being taught bass, getting to perform bass, and getting to see some of the greatest on bass all day long! Oh man!! Last year I got to have lunch with Gary Karr and Michael Manring after being taught by them and witnessing their astonishing musicianship. I'll say now that NHBF is where memories are made and dreams come true.

DOUG JOHNS:

NH Bass Fest: New Hampshire Bass Fest

Mike_1978 likes this.
  2. RHFusillo

RHFusillo Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ
    Gary Karr and Michael Manring? That's a hell of a combination! Wish I were closer.

Michael Barracato likes this.
  3. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    Can't wait.THE FUNKY BASSIST

4. It was absolutely incredible. Eddie Gomez taught and performed last year as well. The musicians they bring to NHBF are the real deal. I've actually come across people from all over the world that come here.

RHFusillo likes this.
  5. Mike_1978

Mike_1978

May 14, 2015
    Boston area
    Nevermind Michael Manring, I've gotta catch that "Music of Miley Cyrus" class! ;)

Kidding aside, this actually does look very interesting. Probably won't be able to afford it this year but I'll put it on my radar for the future!

6. Cool!

Mike_1978 likes this.
  7. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Late to the party on this guy. I just found him on iTunes and the song posted above ("Chump Suey") is the first one I downloaded. Good stuff!

8. Yeah! He's awesome!

9. RHFusillo

RHFusillo Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ
    My friend David Craig from Houston will be playing Saturday night's concert. He's a fabulous bassist, very much worth hearing.

10. Yea I know David! We're performing in the same group Saturday night. I've been hearing him play throughout the classes. He's a phenomenal player!

RHFusillo likes this.
  11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021