1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

*FUNKY* SX ursa 6 string and liquid guitar doing Inner Urge by Joe Henderson

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funkytoaster, Oct 12, 2013.

1. funkytoaster

funkytoaster

Mar 23, 2004
    logan, ut
    I was up late nerding out, put together a quick recording.

Everything was plugged straight into my boss br-600 with minimal processing on the bass sound.

In the future I may want to run through a DI or an eq pedal to nail the sound, but overall I'm happy with the result I think.

Now I am primarily a guitar player, but how could
    I improve my bass sound/ performance on this piece? I thought about putting together a bass solo, but I'm not sure if I am quite ready for that yet.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  2. bassbenj

bassbenj

Aug 11, 2009
    Wow! As owner of 3 SX Ursa 6ers I didn't consider them to be ultimate funky basses or anything so I'm amazed at the sound you are getting...and plugged in straight too!

Nice.

And hey that is a SIX string bass! What do you think that extended high end is for? Of COURSE you need a bass solo! Doesn't have to be spectacular. Just start with the basic groove and then slowly build it right up the fingerboard maybe adding a couple chords or double stops and right off the top notes! :) Even a simple bass solo will add some nice contrast in the piece. Go for it!

Gotta love SX!

3. funkytoaster

funkytoaster

Mar 23, 2004
    logan, ut
    Thanks my man! I'm pretty sure your vids (at least I think they were yours) were one of the main reasons I picked up the sx 6er. I am digging it so much, a lot of my other instruments are gathering dust.