1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Funky Tunings...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Brendan, Apr 10, 2001.

1. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Alright...I got bored, and started tuning my bass different (for the first time ever) and I found a tuning I liked (though I only do it when I'm bored and not practicing w/ the band)...Instead of EADG, CFBE...it's pretty wild, like a whole new world of tones, of course, fear of Feildyitis set in and I tuned it back up after a few hours....What is your funky tuning you happen to like, even if it's unorthadox?

2. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    BF#BF#B

Harmonically a VERY cool tuning, but it puts a lot of extra strain on the neck and strings. Neck is fine with the Modulus, but it still puts lots of strain on it. D is super tight, G is super floppy. Sounds awesome though.

3. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'd like to hear that! Sounds good...my CFBE is actuall a step up from what I had originally, wich was CFD...something, in essence, I had the whole thing down three steps, but the G and D were to floppy, so I brought them up to just two steps down (for better popping) and that worked out really well...