Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Funky Tunings...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Brendan, Apr 10, 2001.

1. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Alright...I got bored, and started tuning my bass different (for the first time ever) and I found a tuning I liked (though I only do it when I'm bored and not practicing w/ the band)...Instead of EADG, CFBE...it's pretty wild, like a whole new world of tones, of course, fear of Feildyitis set in and I tuned it back up after a few hours....What is your funky tuning you happen to like, even if it's unorthadox?

2. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    BF#BF#B

Harmonically a VERY cool tuning, but it puts a lot of extra strain on the neck and strings. Neck is fine with the Modulus, but it still puts lots of strain on it. D is super tight, G is super floppy. Sounds awesome though.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'd like to hear that! Sounds good...my CFBE is actuall a step up from what I had originally, wich was CFD...something, in essence, I had the whole thing down three steps, but the G and D were to floppy, so I brought them up to just two steps down (for better popping) and that worked out really well...