Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Funniest/Cheesiest Song Ever?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by basegetar, Dec 22, 2001.

1. My vote goes for "Harley Davidson (Son of a Bitch)" by The Bollock Brothers. It's the cheesiest! :D

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    "Sometimes When We Touch" by Dan Hill
    Contest over!!!!!!!!!:D

3. "Cradle of Love " - Billy Idol. Even he says it's cheesy - and he said it during his performance of the song at the Grammys a few years back. I understand he's still swapping that line out and adding "This song's so cheesy" during live performances. If he says it is, I agree with him :D

allan

4. I heard a song on the radio a few days ago by some country music singer (something like Ray Stevens) called "Osama". It's hella funny. :D

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Dig it:
    "Sometimes when we touch,
    The honesty's too much.
    I just want to hold you, 'til we both break down and cry."

C'mon! You gotta give it to my man. Even SuperDuck can't get cheese like that in Green Bay! :D

6. Attila The C**t

i don't know who it's by, but great when the girl you love just broke up with you

7. I'm with Wooodchuck! Although some of the 80's Chicago stuff is pretty retch-worthy too. "You're the Inspiration etc". 80's power ballads can get into blue cheese stinkyness too. Actually the 80's were pretty cheesy all around :D I was a teenager in the mid-late 80's and I had a damn good mullet, too. :p

8. FalsehoodBass

FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    detachable penis

by King Missle

9. I guess cheesy can also mean songs with scandalous, despicable repetition of the same two or three words... like in dance music...

Remember the "Paper Doll" thingie by those karma rappers who ripped off that other "True" song by Spandau Ballet????

I mean, c'mon:

paper doll ...paper doll... paper doll... paper doll... paper doll... paper doll... paper doll... paper doll...

Now I must clarify that I don't remember the rest of the lyrics, BUT WHEN YOU REPEAT THE FRIKKIN TITLE A GAZILLION TIMES YOU RUIN THE SONG!!!!!!!!!!!

Mony, mony is BAAAD in this department too:

mony, mony
    mony. mony
    mony, mony
    mony, mo...AAAARRRGGHHH!!!!!

10. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Spank my booty by the lords of Acid.. just kidding

Probably anything the backstreet boys sing

11. Anything by the Bloodhound Gang. I mean come on, with song titles like "Kiss me where it smells funny", "I wish I was queer so I could get chicks", "The ballad of Chasey Lain", and "A lap dance is so much better when the stripper is crying", how could they be anything but the epitome of cheese?

12. ...and the lyrics would probably get me banned from TB, even though Bloodhound Gang is one of my favorites:p

13. If you want REAL cheese then I suggest you try out some J-pop or J-rock. I mean, X-Japan and Love Psychodelico are like that italian cheese that the locals will only eat if there are maggots in it. (oh yeah, these maggots sometimes jump at your eyes)

Download Happy Sad by Love Psychodelico.

'nuff said.

14. KO-ME WAR
    KO-ME KO-ME WAR
    KO KO ME WAR
    K2CK2CK2..samatasamatasamta...
    K2CK2...

This bit of supercheese I remember from an old MTV program called "World To MTV" but I don't recall the band...

Everytime I remember "this" I just ROTFLMAO...

15. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    King Missile-"detatchable penis"

If you havent heard you dont know what your missing out on.Hilarious!:p

16. You all need to download Harley Davidson (Son of a bitch), you'll thank me later. I don't wanna ruin any of it for you, but part of it goes, "Harley David... son of a bitch, get on my harley you daughter of a bitch." It's hilarious, believe me, this knocks any 80's cheesy love song outta the water!

17. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Didn't primus do a make of "detachable penis"?

18. Bassdadto2

Bassdadto2

Dec 3, 2001
    California
    PM DAWN!! Yuck!

19. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Most country songs nowadays are pure, grade-A cheese. How 'bout this line from Travis Tritt's "It's a Great Day to Be Alive" -- "...Well, I might go get me a new tattoo / Or take my ol' Harley on a three-day-cruise / Might even grow me a Fu-manchu..." C'mon, Travis -- a Fu-manchu?

I think it's always cheesy when a song writer forces a rhyme by pronouncing a word differently, or drops the S off of the end of a word to make it rhyme with something else. Also, any song, no matter how serious it is, sounds like cheese when the singer "forces" his or her voice (listen to The Calling to see what I'm talking about).

20. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    Good ol' j-pop The worst is the idols who can't sing worth a crap. There's a group called Morning Musume that is the epitome of this.:D