Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Funniest name of person you know.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by danshee, Jun 25, 2004.

1. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    A tangent on another thread inspired this. I could use a pick-me-up. The funnier the better!

I have a customer named Harry Weiner. No joke. I pronounced his name wrong while giggling the first time I met him. Needless to say he doesn't do much business with me. His name is pronounced w-y-n-e-r. Can you imagine going through school like that! :bawl:

2. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I had a sales appointment with a person named "Lacey." I was expecting a woman that turned out to be a 300 lb white guy. I had a similar experience- I had a meeting with "June" and up walks a guy and says "Hi, I'm June." It took me a second to let my mind wrap around that.

3. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Local guy named Dick Ball.

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Zeb Nutting.

Not because of his last name. I just though Zeb Nutting was the ultimate hick/hillbilly name ever.

5. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Richard Ressler

6. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Harold Peters. Never, never call him Harry.

I once had a brief business dealing with a guy named Doug Dick. I kept accidentally calling him Dick. I bet he gets that alot.

7. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Weird timing, a coworker and I were just talking about this because we have a new employee named "Patty Cake". Poor girl...

8. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    Now that's funny!

9. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    Chris Dork, in Chicago!

10. Richard Head. I'm not lying. I also know a Mike Hunt and a Dick Hunt. The last one not as funny as the first two.

11. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    One of the history teachers at my old high school is named Mike Hunt. Another history teacher, also the basketball coach, is named Walter Hardy. It's fun to call him Wally.

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Oh, I know now. Local dude was running for office down where I was in FL a few years ago.

Phil Yacuchi (pronounced yeah-"slang for female parts"). If that wasn't bad enough, his wife was named Sharon, and his son was named Patrick.

I am not kidding. It was frightening.

13. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Look in a St. Louis phone book and you will find Bilbo Baggins.

Otherwise, there's a rural policeman in my parts named Shorty Cox.

14. Ah you stole my one. My old physics teacher was called Richard Head, poor bloke, teenagers can be so cruel.

15. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    There is a B.A. Loser in Peoria, Illinois. Look it up on whitepages.com

16. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Amanda Whacker. I think she's married now....guess she finally found a man to whack her.

brad cook

17. My parents have an asian friend who owns a really good Chinese resturant. His name is Hung Lo.
    I kid you not.

18. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    I knew a guy named Todd German...if you re-adjust the accents and rests it comes out as 'Todger man'. Oh how I miss school days :D

19. Too irresistable, huh? :D

20. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois

No way Bilbo Baggins? That's the funniest thing I've heard all week!