Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Funniest thing you've found in your cabs

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Reemo_bassist, May 11, 2002.

1. Just wondering if those who have taken apart their cabs have found anthing strange in them. The same counts for strange things falling out of bass ports/openings on cabs.
    Go on...tell us

L

2. Oh yeah! LMAO! I remember this one time, I opened my cab up.... and I found a whole load of wires! RATFLMAO!!! Man.. just thinking about it cracks me up.

devntran likes this.
  3. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Get this, man. I once found a SPEAKER in mine, yes, a SPEAKER!!!

4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    NO WAY!

5. :confused: what caused you to start this thread, did you find something? :confused:

6. sometimes, I'll find a rat or 5, a couple of ladies panties from the night before (nothing hotter than me, my bass, a chick and my stack;) ), and an occaisional milk shake.

7. I once opened it up and found the skull of a hitch hiker.

8. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    There was a thread in Amps thay had something like this. Some people had a lot of odd stuff in their cabs. I think thats where he was trying to go with this. Needless to say, Ive found nothing in any of my cabs.

9. lneal

lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    I found Jimmy Hoffa in an old Peavey cabinet I had.

10. Jennifer

Jennifer

Jul 31, 2000
    Erie, Illinois
    One of the guitarists in our band found about 3 pounds of cat food in his amp. We do practice in the garage and do feed the cats in the garage, but it's a mystery how that much cat food got in the amp. Angry ex-drummer, maybe? :D

11. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    I had to take a 4x12 apart when my daughters Hamster got stuck inside (via the reflex port!).

12. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i found a dead mouse in one of my cabs once. pretty bizzare he was all dried up. i could just imagine this little mouse mummy getting down with the bass :D

13. A small spider has gotten quite comfortable in my practice amp. It's cool watching the web bounce around while I play.

LOL! :D

14. I opened up a 410 cab and found 4 12s in there.....

Actually, I found all of those right notes that got snagged and hidden in there. Damn cabinet trying to make me sound like a Day 1 beginner.....

15. roflmao, maybe I should take mine apart too

16. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    You know, night after I had read this, I saw funny dream where there was small spider making webs in my cab, only that the cab was some sortta odd tubular thing (you know those sortta standing tube-like trashcans at public places?) and had four 2" speakers on other end, pointed upwards.

Shovel likes this.

17. WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!!?!?!?!

18. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Now that's exactly what I thought too, when I woke up! :D

The spider is the main thing here. Stay with the spider! I just have freakish and bit boring habit of describing everything as accurate as possible.

"..and then you turn left and you come to this street. You know, straight piece of road. Cobbled road. With some benches and few plants. There are some shops, I believe jewellers to the right.. You right of course. It's called Frank's Gold & Jewellery if I recall correctly.. And then there's this shoeshop on the other side, with red and green window. There used to be a parking lot but they build new building over it, that's where the flower shop is right now.. But anyways, you go to the next corner and turn right.." I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

19. When me and my dad were replacing the speaker in my CAB, we found a REALLY REALLY big fmaily of spiders... It 'twas insane!

Never seen spiders disappear to quickly.. Ahh good old vaccuum cleaner :D

Some funny s*** here! HAHA :)

20. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Why didn't you just "play" it out?

("Armageddon!")