1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Funny CL post

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by flojob, Jan 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. flojob

flojob Gold Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2011
  2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    I don't get it.

3. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Sounds more like a tribunal, than a tribute... to the tributes...

... after reading the CL ad, 'tribute' will be chasing me in my dreams, tonight.

murphy likes this.
  4. BurnOut

BurnOut It's The Billy Baloney Show Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2015
    The Natti
    None of us "Get It"..........cause we are the bass player

bassfran and bholder like this.
  5. BurnOut

BurnOut It's The Billy Baloney Show Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2015
    The Natti
    So they are a cover band that does lots of wardrobe changes like Cher

6. BusyFingers

BusyFingers

Nov 26, 2016
    Sounds like someone is sick of seeing postings for tribute bands in his local CL.

7. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Someone should post a "tribute to tribute tribute bands" ad in response. :)

PortlandBass77 likes this.
  8. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    OR we could just write a tribute to those who post ads to form a tribute to tribute bands.

wintremute likes this.
  9. If a tribute band emulates, though never to perfection, the band they tribute, then they are something less than the original band.
    Then if you do tributes to those tribute bands, you will be some degree less perfect than the tribute band which is less perfect than the original band.
    It's sort of like a photocopy, of a photocopy. Each iteration degrades somewhat from the previous.

What I want to know is...how many levels down do you have to go before I will be good (bad) enough to get a gig in one of those sub-tribute bands?

Hoochie Coochie Man and CaseyJ like this.
  10. So, if they are seeking players for 'tributes to tribute bands' playing 'tribute to one specific band',
    Then it's just a glorified way to say you're recruiting for a cover band but you want it to sound
    extraordinary rather than as a mundane bar cover band....that doesn't play "deep cuts"

Putting Together the Ultimate Tribute to the Tributes (Phoenix) hide this posting

I have a vision where the best musicians in the Valley of the Sun get together and create a tribute to the tribute bands. This means that you need to be able to crank out Journey, Styx, Beatles, Foreigner, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Van Halen, Pearl Jam, Rolling Stones, Doors, etc., etc., so good that you can pay a sincere tribute to the various tributes paying tribute that are hitting the circuits...as we speak.

NO ORIGINAL MATERIAL, NONE. You must only pay tribute to the tributes that are paying tribute, this is a simple concept; please respect the tribute to the tribute.

This will be paying gigs only, probably in support of a tribute band; so that way you're supporting and paying tribute to a tribute band paying tribute. This is a simple concept folks, and a guaranteed crowd pleaser; if people love seeing a great tribute band, why wouldn't they love seeing a great tribute band paying tribute to a tribute band. Easy, que no?

Pro tribute players only, must have at least 5 years tribute experience in no less than 8 tribute bands, absolutely no deep cuts, hits only; if you played in an original band and have material out, sorry, that will not work and you will only be able to play in a tribute band, not a tribute to the tribute.

I look forward to hearing your from your and your tribute experiences; good luck!
    • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

11. BassAndReeds

BassAndReeds

Oct 7, 2016
    How amusing if you to contribute, to TB you distribute, this tribute to a tribute of the tributes, which we attribute as a retribute for an over distribute of tribute contributes.

12. I thought it was mildly funny, which, I believe was the CL author's intent.

13. s0c9

s0c9 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ft.Worth/Dallas
    1964 Audio artist, Fractal Audio Beta Tester
    Reads like a relatively poor attempt at tribute band humor.. Other than that... sounds like the typical cover band! :)

TonyP- likes this.
  14. So, it's not the greatest tribute band in the world...

15. kdogg

kdogg

Nov 13, 2005
    Ohio
    Cuckoo for CoCoa Puffs.

murphy likes this.
  16. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Sometimes people try too hard...

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  17. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    [​IMG]

petey293, Lobster11 and equill like this.
  18. Andyman001

Andyman001 moderation must be taken with a grain of salt

Feb 11, 2010
    Idaho
    I should reply that I play a G&L Tribute Bass:D

JoeWPgh, petey293 and Glasiron like this.
  19. Tommyc

Tommyc

Nov 11, 2015
    Midwest
    It all started with Elvis impersonators, then the Broadway show Beatlemania. Though no one is wholly original so Elvis/Big Mama Thornton etc. The Beatles / Little Richard/varietal Motown artists etc. Mozart/ Haydn/ Johann Christian Bach they eventually learned to walk on their own. Today emulation has become the end art itself with bands agonizing over replicating equipment details and even physical appearances of the members they emulate. I've wondered why there has been no band yet named The K-tels. I got the impression the writer in question found the tribute band phenomena getting to be a bit much.

JMacBass65 likes this.
  20. the yeti

the yeti

Nov 6, 2007
    raleigh, nc
    i'm betting there's no band. only a tribute.

MoonChild2112 and s0c9 like this.