Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Funny Comment (well, I think so anyway...)

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Brendan, Apr 17, 2001.

1. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I was talking with my music teacher about my next bass being a six string...he looks at me and say's "Why in the world would you get a six?!" I look him right in the eye and say "Because I don't know what I'd do with that seventh."

Hey, I liked it.... I was prouda myself. The look on his face was priceless....

2. NJXT

NJXT

Jan 9, 2001
    Lyon, FRANCE
    :)
    I like it.
    You could have tried "9th are too expensive" / "I expect to grow another picking finger" / "Guitarists will make less fun of me" / "4 strings are for wimps and teachers" (mmh, just kidding, I got a 4 and a 5, please don't flame)
    :D

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    pretty funny!

i bet JT like it too...

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm so proud of it...It's like my one good comeback this month...plus, I think it works for anyone...Heck, even ol JT can say "Because I don't know what I'd do with the ninth"..

6. Your teacher must not get out much. Many modern bassists use more than 5 strings on a bass. Maybe he can't play a six string and may feel "unwanted" if you had the sixer. I had the same problem some years ago when I switched to six. I had to find another teacher. Good luck on your 6 string adventures.

Remember, you can never have enough strings.

7. BassistJ

BassistJ

Mar 20, 2001
    Hemet, CA USA
    "Your teacher must not get out much. Many modern bassists use more than 5 strings on a bass. Maybe he can't play a six string and may feel "unwanted" if you had the sixer. I had the same problem some years ago when I switched to six. I had to find another teacher. Good luck on your 6 string adventures.

Remember, you can never have enough strings."

Wanker.

8. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Mmmmhhhhmmm.

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Calm down there buddy...

10. BassistJ

BassistJ

Mar 20, 2001
    Hemet, CA USA
    Ohh, I'm sorry Brendan. That was'nt directed at you or anyone else who goes the extended-range route. That was more ment for our resident "virtuoso" bassvirtuoso13. My apologies, good sir.

11. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    BWAHAHAHABWAHAHAHABWAHAHAHABWAHAHAHABWAHAHAHABWAHAHAHABWAHAHAHABWAHAHAHABWAHAHAHABWAHAHAHABWAHAHAHABWAHAHAHABWAHAHAHABWAHAHAHABWAHAHAHABWAHAHAHABWAHAHAHABWAHAHAHABWAHAHAHABWAHAHAHABWAHAHAHABWAHAHAHABWAHAHAHABWAHAHAHA

#1, an american said..."wanker" which i think is soooo cool!

#2, he said it to the right person! mr ole virtuoso!

wahey, good thread!

12. BassistJ

BassistJ

Mar 20, 2001
    Hemet, CA USA
    ...wow...someone not only rehashes this old thread but cites one of my Pigeon British posts as "cool"? Will wonders never cease...

13. Can you still get "Wanker" beer in the US? It was started up by (I think) ex-pat Kiwis or Aussies as a bit of a joke...

It's still a good term to use on Americans! :D (because not all know what it means, of course!)

14. :rolleyes:

Yeah that'd be right!

:D:D

Wankas. lol

Merls

15. They actually had a beer just called PISS going on for a bit down here! And didn't they start brewing something like Duff? until fox killed the company who did it..........

16. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

When I was studying Aircraft design, I always used to laugh at the "Wankel" rotary engine, which was manufactured in the US I think?

17. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    I thought on JT's site it said he was getting Bill Conklin to build a nine....

18. Do any of these words offend you?

Megaphone
    Grundies
    Wankel Rotary Engine

:D

19. I always thought the Focke-Wulfe was THIS close to being a very naughty plane.

Rock on
    Eric