1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Funny Dog names

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Guss, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Hmmmmm.....I won't elaborate to much here. What are some of the funniest dog names you've ever heard?

2. Oswalds dog that looks like a hot dog's name is weiny. he he, :D

3. D-O-G, Not joking I know someone that named their dog this

4. I was thinking "cokehead" or "dog" for names. Not very funny though..... :meh:

5. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    My favorite dog name is "Stay".

6. I used to have a very tame and very well mannered pit bull named Jawz.

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    If we got a boy dog I really wanted to name him Fat Albert. My wife was opposed to the idea. We ended up getting a girl anyway.

brad cook

8. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Bjorn or Yanni, those were just off the top of my head. :D

Damn Lucky, my old neighbor in Florida had a dog named that, Lucky for short.

9. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    grrr i was about to suggest this :mad: :D

"come here Stay, come here... Stay"

poor dog

10. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    who remebers KUJO!!!!!!

KUJO was a cool dog!

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    It's "Cujo" dude...

brad cook

12. Funny ones I remember.

Tonto and Dong.

13. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    My dog's name is Homey. He's a dachsund, too.

14. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    I am sorry:( either way its awsome dog (name) :D

15. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

My dog's name is Rasta. That was his name when I got him, so rather than confusing him by changing his name, I just kept the name. Besides, I like the name.

16. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    We named my two labs Biscuit and Rascal but almost ended up with Shake and Bake ::shudders::.

When my mom ordered their tags she filled the forms out quickly and didnt realize she screwed up Biscuit by putting Bisquit till we got them back.

17. *Trying to stop myself.....trying...*...the funniest dog name is... Stains.

18. Mobay45

Mobay45 The artist formerly known as "Big Daddy"

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    I had a 80 lb. mixed breed named Barney a few years ago, but we almost changed his name to Willie. The reason? Everytime we took him for a walk some kid would come up to us and say "Willie bite?". Ok, not that funny but kind of humorous at the time. :D

19. My brother had a dalmation named Lucky's Wiseguy, but somehow he came to be called Napoleon. :confused:

Dad once had a Greyhound named Playboy.

My dog has about fifteen names, poor dog. Among them; Wookina (official), Wookie, Wook, Woo Woo, Woo, Beastie, Beastie Baby, Big Dog, Dad's Girl, Dad's Dogter, Pearl, One-of-a-kind.

My dad, who, like me, has a problem with expressing affection (macho complex), calls his dog something to the effect of "Him baby Smoo Smoo". I love it. lol As a visual aid, just picture a 6'2", 325 lb., good ol' boy, doing this to a 5lb. yorkie.

20. the worst name for a dog would have to be Grandma. Just imagine it

"Grandma! How many time do I have to tell you, you don't get to eat people food, eat your dog food"
    "Hey, I just kicked Grandma off the stairs. We need to get her trained"
    "*screaming outside, so neighbors could hear* GGGGRRRRRAAAANNNNDDDDDMMMMAAA!!! Come back Grandma! I swear I won't hit you ever again!"
    "Lets go get Grandma spayed!"