funny ebay ad

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 6 string demon, Aug 5, 2004.

1. 6 string demon

6 string demon

Mar 23, 2003
  2. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Reverse psychology?? :eyebrow:
  3. bargainhunter

Jul 28, 2004
    that was rather comical, especially the lost 8...
  4. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    i think that's a good ad myself... unlike other ads on the 'bay, you actually want to read it all. :bassist:
  5. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Interesting. Sometimes people are forced to try to sell stuff, for whatever reason (usually a divorce, or some such thing). They typically put outrageous prices on their items, well above the going rate. I wonder what would happen if someone actually bought this bass. Sounds like the seller wouldn't want to ship it, and he might come up with some excuse for why he couldn't complete the transaction. I feel for the guy. I've sold basses I really didn't want to sell, and recently my family "convinced me" that I should downsize my collection, but since their eBay account is the same as mine, there was very little room for maneuvering. :)

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ...idiot comes to mind first & then possible kindling or firewood...

7. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    I almost want to buy it :eek: .
  8. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    Makes me think of a guy about a year ago whose wife had just divorced him and he wrote a both hilarious and sad ebay ad selling his bass. The pic was of this Husky biker dude with a beard, pony tail, and tattoo's on massive biceps holding the bass while wearing one of his ex-wife's old dresses.

The guy had all kinds of women responding to this bass ad wanting to go out with him.
  9. to me, it seems like the guys wife made him do an ebay auction, and he did one. however he found somewhat of a loophole.
  10. Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL
    nice sunburst explanation... :hyper:
  11. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    Pure genius. I'd buy it in a second if i didn't have a brain. But really, I couldn't stop laughing.
  12. Great ad, but I don't believe the story myself. He's a regular ebay seller; check out his sales history.
  13. I, for one, am pleased beyond words to see a Tokai (an early 80's model at that!) up for auction on ebay and the word "lawsuit" is nowhere to be found.

14. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    British speak for frying pan. You say tomayto I say tomaato.
  15. A sauce pan can also just be a regular pot.
  16. travatron4000

Dec 27, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    from bottom to top. skillet, sauce pan, dutch oven
  17. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Cherish this moment. You won't experience it again...
  18. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Oh, those wacky British. Pshh. Scratch plate. Ha!

If this guy was not wanting to sell this bass, he wouldn't have gone to the trouble of the long, comical description. Simply a short description, high price, etc.

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY

That story was hillarious! The dress he was wearing was his wifes wedding gown! That's the only thing she left him when she "supposedly" split! LMFAO!...