Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Funny gig story

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by bmc, Mar 24, 2005.

1. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Hi guys..drove up to Basel, Switzerland last night to see John Fogerty with three other musicans I play with. A fun road trip.
    On the way back we were sharing funny gig stories and I just had to share this one with you. One of the guys in the car was told this story by a musican friend.

This guy was playing in northern Ontario (Canada) years ago, in a bar. A drunk local walked up to the stage and asked if the band played any Deep Purple.

The lead singer said "sure what do you want to hear?"

The guy said he didn't know the name of the song. So the singer asked him to sing a few bars.

The guy starts singing to the chorus of "Smoke on the Water"

"Slow motion Walter. The fire engine guy"

(as opposed to Smoke on the Water, a fire in the sky)

I just LMAO.

Ciao and have a nice Easter.

2. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    LOL!

Too Funny!

:p

Joe.

3. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

LOL !!
    i can hear it now ...

that should be someone's signature ...

4. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Whenever people ask me if I can play Smoke on the Water, or Stairway to heaven, or Freebird, or any of the other "classic" rock songs bands get badgered to play all the time, I just tell them "Sorry, never heard of it. Is it by Elvis?"

5. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    That ended up as a line in a song by Barenaked Ladies called "Tonight is the Night I Fell Asleep at the Wheel."

6. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland