Funny Little Story

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Rabbit621, Jun 10, 2001.

1. Ok, Last february we had a gig at a party that someone was throwing at a "convention center". It's not a huge building, but more like a big room. AAAAANY WHO! IT was pretty damned dark in this place while we were playing, the only lights on were in the lobby, which didn't mean ****, and a row of lighted behind us, that were dimmed. But I'll never forget it, we were doing a cover of Going Away to College. And I was running around the room while playing the first verse(I have a wireless system), and as i was making my way back to my mic stand, someone came "out of teh shadows" and WHAM!!!! The poor guy right ran right into the head stock of my bass. I had to sing these harmonies, so I kinda acted as if it didn't matter, but after the song, i checked on him, I mean damn, one of my tuning posts had put a little cut on his forehead and it was bleeding. So, we kinda made it clear that no one was to be with in 10 feet of where we were playing. Damn, that was more typing than I had planned.
  2. Yeah, it looked like it hurt, but even worse, it knocked my entre bass out of tune
  3. i constantly bring my bass to my school and play in my last years language arts teacher and play there and one of my friend always finds a way of getting in my way when i turn and BAM right in the head
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I've smacked so many people in the head by accident...drawn blood twice...though the second time, I whacked a semi-fresh head wound, and it opened up again...but either way, It's not good to be known for hitting people (as such, when I strap on a bass, people give me a little more berth than they did before...)
  5. Hmmm...I sort of have a problem with hitting our guitarist/pianist/cellist/main singer in the head, but that's probably because she's so short. She'll be slightly hunched over, I turn to talk to her and she stands up and WHAM, straight in the noggin.

She's learned to stay pretty well away from me during tune ups & stuff to avoid getting hit now. :D:p
  6. Well i haven't hit anything. *applause*, but i got a thinkin' anyone hit themselves in the head infront of an audience??

7. I used to play a headless Steinberger. I was doing some pit work for a show and the space was really cramped. The guitar player was sitting right next to me. I sold the Steinberger and bought a Fender. Not being used to the headstock I managed to whack the guitarist in the head repeatedly the first two shows I used it. Luckily he was a friend of mine and didn't hold a grudge!
  8. Stangg

Stangg Guest

i don't remember what i was doing at the time, but i shifted a bit and wham! right in the side of my head. good thing the lights weren't on yet!
  9. travatron4000

Dec 27, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Well, I graduated just the end of May but I played my electric bass in the marching band. I used a wireless and marched in formation. I must have hit the clarinet that marched to my left at least twice every rehearsal. Then last year I marched next to a flute and if you don't know a flute sticks out to the right and she was to my left and... well. I guess that's part of the danger of marching bass which includes rain and stupid sousaphonists. (I think that's how you spell it)
  10. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    Im quite short (what an understatement) and in my last band the guy i stood next to was really tall and one time i swung around and, uh, hit him in somehwere he would have preffered not to be hit in.
  11. ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch !! :(
  12. furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    Our practice space for Stage Band this past school year was rather cramped, so I usually ended up standing right next to the Second Trumpet. Well, I'm not exactly great with that whole "motor control" thing, so I think she probably left that school year with rather fewer brain cells than when she started, if you get me. ;) Funny thing is, I usually was the one doing the hitting. Then, one day, she was sitting down, but then had to play... so she stood up right into my headstock. For ONCE, it wasn't my fault. ;)
  13. LiL BaSS DuDe

LiL BaSS DuDe Guest

May 15, 2001
    I hit myself once..

Was at the music club, and I was straping up.. and whack!
  14. Just the thought of that has me in tears.
  15. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    i'm sorry..........i think i caused a mass wincing.
  16. star

Jul 11, 2001
    Scottsboro, AL . USA
    Man, how embarassing that would be to be whacked with bass in front of everyone.....poor guy. Probably pretty dang funny though.
  17. Don't worry, your not the only one.
  18. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    WoW they let u march? The only times i'm marching are for Parades [hollywood in nov. for christmas parade] & for pregame where it'd be more or less a waste of effort. Back to the post...
    It was our end of your show @ school, & i had a group of people around & since it hurts to be hit with a bass i had a good friend [ali] keepin people from gettin tooo close to the headstock. I have hit my self in the forehead when i was taking off my bass @ a party, It hurt! thats all
  19. This is why BC Rich Widow and Dean headstocks should be banned...

Can you say 'Home vasectomy'?:eek: