Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Funny Looking Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Syxx870621345, Mar 23, 2002.

1. What are some weird looking basses?
    Send Pics of the funniest looking bass that you know of!

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Agreed, although some of them are more tragic than funny.

3. Does anyone have the url for Killer Guitars? they;re from Japan, and they are not only damn ugly but incredibly expensive

4. Killer guitars don't look that bad, a little over the top, but I wouldn't mind buying one. But its true, the prices are way to high, I'm sure they're using some new fangled industrial materials though, they should, for $6000 and up

5. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Killer's prices perhaps are in Hong Kong-dollars or something?

EDIT: I guess not, since the website explicitly says US $. That's sick.

6. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    How can one possibly NOT call this ugly?

http://www.killerguitar.com/kbvulture.htm

And if you look at the specs, they're not made out of "some new fangled industrial materials", but wood. Plain ol' wood. Which makes it even more sick.

7. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Can you just imagine someone asking you what kind of bass you own..."oh, I own a Killer Guitar". I bet you do chief, I bet you do.

8. Those killer guitars look like they told a a three year old to draw a penguin, and then they made it into a bass...did I mention they got the kid drunk first? I mean, i'm looking for an elmers glue outline, and some glitter...geez.

9. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    another japanese odd basses are the ATLANSIA... i forgot the link to the site but they are "interesting" looking basses among some 3, 2 and one stringed basses!

10. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member