funny scam attempt

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by nastyn8c, Mar 19, 2005.

1. nastyn8c

Feb 7, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    larry clark <> wrote:
    hi ,
    Thanks for response.I must tell you that i dont want to lose out on this so i am interested and would be willing to buy it at that price and I do have an International shipping agent that will come pick it up from your house and ship to me. I WILL HANDLE SHIPPING

I will arrange for payment by sending your full name and address to my client in the WEST INDIES who is owing me the amount of $3500 to issue you a MONEY ORDER for this amount. which is a refund for a cancelled order I placed with him, and being a refund the amount can only be written on a single m.o. I know it is more than the asking price but after recieving payment(I'M TRUSTING YOU ON THIS ONE), I need you to cash it and deduct cost of the product then do me a favour of wiring the remaining balance to my International shipper via money gram/western union. You will also deduct $100 for running around and for wiring back the difference. After this is done, he will then pick it up from your residence and ship to me.

So, confirm this and send your full name and address including phone
    # for mailing the check payment to you as soon as possible.
    Waiting for your urgent reply,
    Kind regards,

Nate Cook <> responded:

Sorry, but this scam is not going to work on me. First off, if you have the kind of money to just let your shipper hang on to $3500 until you decide to make your next purchase, then you have the money to send me $1600 without putting me through this. Also, I would never trust anyone who has said they are selling because they need money - such as myself - to give me back $2000. I don't think you do either. Again, if you have the money to give me $100 for just taking care of your money, you have the kind of money to pay me without having your "shipper" pay me. Unless you have a very good explanation for this, I suggest you never write me back.
  2. It's a variation on the "Nigerian dictator's widow" who has to move 25 million bucks to the USA and only YOU are trustworthy enough to be her agent. The running around fee here is 1 million and all you have to do is send her your name, addy and BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER.
    These f***ing morons never quit. :spit:

Now why doesn't some hacker invent a virus that one could reply with that would crash the scammer/spammer's 'puter. :ninja: LOL Poetic justice
  3. There is a ring of anti-scammers that try to get the scammers to do retarded things in order to get their money. Examples include making them take pictures of themselves naked, or holding signs that say absolutely absurd things. Only after they've had their fun do the scammers get reported. It's hilarious, and a shame I don't have the wesbite they put up.

4. I've think I saw the same thing or something smiilar. This guy led a scammer on for a few months with all these ridiculous requests. He would constantly complain to the guy about his wife or something and that he wanted him to be his accomplice and "get rid" of her. Funny stuff. He even had the scammer send pictures of himself iin certan poses with a card saying something absurd on it. Just absolutley taking the scammer for a ride by leading him on about wiring money and giving his bank account info. I wish I knew the site.
  5. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I get them all the time. I only sell basses, but someone will email me wanting 30 SM58's. When I explain that I don't carry those, I will get a response back like "what else do you have that I can order?"