Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Funny signs

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by moley, Mar 11, 2003.

1. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Check this out...

www.signslanguage.com

I'm reading these at work, trying desperately not to cry with laughter.

2. :D

Liked the one about the Thames !

3. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    These are some good ones...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Some of them were funny but some weren't funny at all - so a lot were just official English road signs that the site owner didn't understand - so they wouldn't pass their driving theory test!

And hey - yes they do have kangaroos in Australia....:rolleyes:

5. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    haha! Theres some pretty gnarly ones on there!

I'm sure this ones fake..
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Bruce, I think that the humours mostly in the comments by the people who submitted them as apposed to the signs themselves. A fair number are pretty lame though :bawl:

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I don't believe this one - I've driven to Chelmsford many times and it's not there - the funny part doesn't look like an official sign - either it's been "photoshopped" or somebody (Greenpeace) stuck a joke label on the sign?

7. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    That "SHCOOL" one is good, though - you must admit :)

8. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Some more...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I don't have time to look at the website right now but there's a grocery store in a small town not far from here with a big sign on it that says "S&M Grocery."

I think I'll stop by and suggest a slogan for them such as "We spank high prices!" or "Don't get tied up with poor service!"

brad cook

10. I'm with Bruce on this one - a "secret nuclear bunker" would either be a Milatery or Tourist thing, both of which would warrent their own part on the sign.

Or something.

11. I few years ago some kids (I Hope) went to the PICK A FLICK video store and moved the I in FLICK over about six inches to the left. It took the owners about 2 months to notice it, but it made me laugh every morning on my way to work. :D

12. theres one from PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND~:D

home sweet home:p

13. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Actually, one of the gigs I played in Denmark back in the summer had an amusing sign. We were on a stage in the open air, and there was a neon sign above the stage that said "EYE ****ING" (but without the asterisks). I kid you not!

It wasn't even EYE FLICKING - it really was EYE ****ING.

Anyone who speaks Danish have any idea if this means anything in Danish, or what?

I think it might have been in Odense, but I'm not sure. If I recall, it was in the square in the middle of a shopping precinct or somesuch.

14. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    This one is good

[​IMG]

15. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    I saw a great sign in the bathroom of the local F.O.E., it said something to the effect of "Don't throw butts in the urinals! Remember, the hands that have to fish them out are the same hands that serve you at the bar."

I thought it was pretty cute.

At a local plumbing store they have: "If you bought it at Lowes, take them your woes."

16. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    You should visit engrishfunny.com