Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

funny situation that happened to me

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Stupidnick, Jul 19, 2002.

1. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    i play occasionally bass in the church youth group where i participate "churching at" :D .
    anyway this old friend of mine named jacob and this idiot named kevin who used to play bass.. came up to me.
    Jacob was like "Hey kevin do you think Nick could play Certian shades of Green by Incubus" and Kevin is like "No way man thats a hard song.. i bet he couldn't" .. I shrugged it off.. i mean no offence to dirk lance hes good its just not my style . I dont find his playing very interesting IMO. anyway
    I just got done playing the opening to classical thump by wooten.. lol (i can only play the first couple seconds).
    anyway jacobs like "yeah that incubus song is hard" and im like "okay". So i told jacob, "its prolly not that bad i play some jazz and some funk but alot of like primus and tool and stuff ya know". Jacob replys "yeah i know but this is harder than any primus song. Les claypool even said he needed tabs to learn how to play it."
    Im like "jacob your full of crap just get out of my face you F***tard" cant say that in church but oh well gotta be honest; i do have a language problem.
    So I just walked around and talked to him a little bit longer hes like "Ya know this isn't any of that jazz crap you listen to like that jaco guy" (he pronounced it wrong) and kevin is like "yeah this is hard wiggity wiggity slapping and popping stuff"
    I punched both of those fat little F***s in the face.. anyway thats my story
    the moral of this story is.. If you diss jaco or wooten.. I kick yer arsse!

2. HAHA, I would like to see that! I can't stand it when people think some things are the hardest things in the world and because you can't play it, you're not good. Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.

3. *voice of conscience on*
    Violence never solves anything.
    *voice of conscience off*

Funny, yes...but sometimes it's more fun to leave the ignorant as they are.

-Dave

4. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    moral of the story: punch everyone you disagree with in the face.

5. TheListPunk

TheListPunk Guest

Feb 2, 2002
    Topeka, Kansas
    Agreed.

josh
    P.S. Kevin is the coolest!

6. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    .........what? Certainly these guys sound pretty dumb,, but who ever said it's right to hit a mentally retarted person??

7. stroggnoy

stroggnoy Guest

Jul 11, 2002
    Yea, I wouldn't EVER hit someone that's retarted... that's horrible.

On the other hand, beat every dufus you come across [​IMG]

8. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    the only reason i punched these guys is because they were pissing me off and kevin pushed me so i slugged both thur' arses..
    Kevin said hes taking me out with his shotgun. He lives in the city.. hes 15 he has no shotgun for godsakes! lol his mom dont trust him with the lighter she lights her crackpipe with.
    hehe
    anyway...i talked to jacob last night. He said he was sorry and was just going along with what kevin said and then he said "how he bought a US made Warwick for 400 bucks from musician friend" and then hes like "yeah you know fender makes warwick"
    lol.. hes SOFA KING COOL!

btw.. does anybody remember that guy on here Mutilation??
    lol that was kevin
    he sold his bass because "guitar is harder"
    lol and he still sucks at it.. so good for him
    I bought his bass though and put new pups in it.
    oh yeah he almost ripped the truss rod out of the sucker from tightning it too much :eek:
    I saw the blink post.. and honestly believe it or not blink was his favorite band and he actually kicked me out of his old band when i played drums because i wouldn't play blink 182 and when i would play one of there songs i would play it much different. I think hes still bitter about that.. or else his flowerdy thong is on too tight. I always wanted to play Tool and Rush lol. I mastered YYZ on Drums without the solo though :rolleyes: