1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Funny story, need new strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by cjlane, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Hey guys, this morning I sat down to play my bass and as I sit down, the string higher than D snapped off. Really weird, happened randomly.

So anyway, this is the first time I'll be buying a new pack of bass strings and I need to know what I should get. To let people know, I don't want a really heavy or a really light gauge just the gauge that most Squier P-Basses come with and I want a nice bright and metallic sound that lasts a while. Thanks in advance.

2. Stickk

Stickk

Sep 2, 2008
    Jambi
    DR Marcus Miller Fat Beams. Best strings ever created.

3. You broke your G string when you sat down:)

Ill leave now

4. Stickk

Stickk

Sep 2, 2008
    Jambi
    He actually broke his g-string when fingering a minor:D.

5. :D

6. dr hi-beams.

7. Yes now you know why I didn't specifically say G-string. Leave.

8. :)

Back to topic, id say get some elites stadiums if you live in the uk, and DR HB if you live anywhere else!

Get 105-85-65-45 as they seem to be the standard.

9. choo5

choo5

Apr 15, 2004
    sydney, australia
    it just randomly snapped? i'd be looking for burrs in the bridge or how the hell a string just broke before replacing em.

10. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ

Maybe the TB standard should be the "F##" string? :D

11. As an update, I went to the store and got some Ernie Ball Slinks, they may not be everyone's favourite pick, but I'm quite satisfied. I was scared of messing up as it's my first time changing strings on bass and if I messed up it was $50 down the drain. But infact when changing them I found it was somewhat easier than changing strings on a guitar. So I'm quite satisfied, thanks for all the help guys. Peace.