Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Funny story.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Dec 27, 2002.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    There's this friend of mine named Calvin, who's a first call Gospel bass monster. He plays Smith and Sadowsky, but he wanted to see what the fuss was about Skylines, so took my JO5 to him to check out. He plugs it in, and starts to wail away, and then he stops and says, "Man, this thing feels great!" Then he starts to REALLY give my bass "whut fer", then he stops again, and goes, "What's in here?" I told him a J Retro, and he freaks out and says something weird to me. "This thing sounds like my Sadowsky." :eek: "Whoever designed this J Retro thingy, copped Roger's preamp. I know they did. I REALLY like this bass 'Chuck, and I'm digging this J Retro thing. But I still think that they stole Roger's vibe, because this thing really does sound like my bass."

I just found that funny.

2. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    i know a TON of gopsel players tht play nothing but Smiths...I wonder why that is ?:confused:

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Smiths and MTD's.

4. Schecter here