1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Funny stuff that happens at work

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Pilgrim, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I didn't do this - my youngest brother did - but it's SO classic I just have to share it. Since I didn't do it, I decided it didn't belong in the thread about stuff we have done to co-workers.

In the 80's my brother was in Spokane, WA working in sales for a pontoon-boat company. He traveled a 2-state area driving a Chevy pickup with a 454 V-8, pulling a big pontoon boat around to show the product at various boat dealerships. Late one Friday night he came back very late from a long trip. He opened up the service bay doors, pulled the pickup and boat trailer inside the main dealership (it was a two-deep bay), locked the doors and went home.

He came back Monday AM to find every service bay, door and window wide open, and people staring at him.

Why?

Turns out that some time on his trip back, he surprised a skunk crossing the road. The skunk must have jumped as the pickup surprised it, and it plastered itself RIGHT in the center of the grille. He didn't notice it then, or when he parked the truck....too tired.

So that skunk spent that night baking in front of that nice hot Chevy 454 radiator, and then had the entire weekend to ripen. When the first person came in on Monday and opened the door, the smell was appalling.

They handed him the keys to the truck and required him to drive it out of the bay, remove the skunk and wash off the pickup.

I still needle him about his Jumping Skunk. :p

2. Ahaha, That is one of the funniest story's iv'e herd in awhile. Thanks for sharing..

3. RIjake

RIjake

Nov 10, 2007
    New England
    I work in a fire station, I couldn't even begin to tell you the sh!t that happens here. I go home with my sides aching. We got some witty bastids here.

4. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Do tell!

5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    one time a guy asked me if we sold pr0n.

at the time, i worked at toys r us

6. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    That mightve been me :)