Funny thing about boxing

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Boxing is my absolute favorite thing to watch on TV, but over the years, I've noticed something funny boxers. This guy would be getting his arse TOTALLY kicked, I mean, he would have the snot being beaten out of him, eyeball hanging out of the socket, and would fall if the other guy's fists weren't keeping him up. When the ref stops the fight, he'll yell, "Why'd you stop it?!"
  2. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    It's just like the Major League pitcher whose just given up his third homerun of the inning and he's loaded the basses again and just can't believe it when the manager yanks him outta there. I always find that funny too.
  3. I think you've answered your own question Chuck! After all the guy was beat senseless wasn't he?

Have you ever done pool betting on boxing? It's a lot of fun, especially if you don't know who the combatants are. For each match you make little slips of paper with the round # and the word White or Black on them. These represent the possible winners and the round in which they will win. Everybody pitches in a buck to the pot and draws a slip - more than one if there are few enough participants. Winner takes the pot if his draw wins in that round.
  4. ...Or the hockey player who accidentally wacks the other guy right in the face with his stick, then complains about the penalty call.