Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Funny Thing Happened at Radioshack Today

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by tea, Apr 17, 2004.

1. tea

tea

Sep 30, 2003
    Maryland
    Sup y'all, just had a kinda cool story id thought id share:

I manage a radioshack on the north side of baltimore, just outside of Towson, and a customer came in today looking for some nine volt batteries. I asked whether hed like some longer lasting ones etc etc etc and we got to talking and he's using it for his wireless guitar system. I ask what kind of guitar he's playing and he says a "music man, ya know, sterling," and I was like "oh you're a bassist." After the affirmative reply I asked about whether hed played the bongo and he said no so I continued to espouse about its greatness at considerable length.

The conversation continued and we talked about the new Metro line, he shocked me with a vast knowledge about great, lesser known (to nonbass folk) bassists, even naming the album of Manring's purple haze cover. So we kept talking and I asked him whether he ever visited talkbass, and, to my surprise, he said yes. So, a lurker among us and this lurker here had a random encounter in an out of the way store in maryland.

thought it was cool.

jeremy

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Funny thing, I though this was gonna be:

"I was in a Radio Shack in Staten Island & I saw a guy that looks alot like Nino-Brown. Damn guy used to own a Sterling & he has a Metro."

I was at my local Radio Shack today picking up wire & soldering iron tips.

3. tea

tea

Sep 30, 2003
    Maryland
    haha thats funny. id woulda recognized you, methinks. but ny metro is whippin our ass this month. :-( so keep buying solder and dont buy phones :)