1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Funny

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by abassthing, Jun 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I came on this site to learn. I am amazed how my thread "How?" in Mike Dimin's Forum went from music and concept to some kind of grudge match. I have been talked about on another thread and then the thread was closed (unique technique ) before I could respond.
    This seems pretty one sided .

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Mike's forum is closed because of personal reasons, not because of you.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87085

Anyway, if you have a problem with a thread and/or post talk to a moderator (or that particular) member via PM.
    It's not recommended to post a thread about that, it might not be taken friendly by others and the mods.

3. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003
    Hey Roy-

Don't take this seriously . After all according to
    one of the Moderators ,you don't exist ,and I am an idiot.

4. I know Mike's forum is closed. I am talking about being labeled as not being a real person in the Unique Technique thread .I t was closed before I had a chance to respond.

5. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003
    yes , they were unhappy because I exist ,and claimed you were me.I have seen you in person ,and you are a better bassist than you think. I hope you will come down for another lesson soon.

6. Your're right JMX. But when a moderator suggests I am ninestring and posts he is goning to check my ips address,this site becomes trashy.

7. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003
    I just think that Moderator didn't like the fact that there was actually a bassist that liked my playing. You should see some of the emails I received about him. One even called him an internet bully.
    I have members who have nothing better to do than criticize my typing ,grammar etc. They should spend more time with music. That's why we are on this site.

8. Yeah I read in the bass players thread a posting from a guy who saw you playing a 7 string and doing that pecussive harmonic thing back in the 70's.
    They better check his isp address too !
    I just had to blow off steam
    Roy

9. ConU

ConU

Mar 5, 2003
    La Belle Province
    There's a double bill on The Movie Network tonight:"Sybil" and "The Three Faces of Eve"...or I could be wrong(no you're not)yes I am(no you're not)...

10. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    I don't think this is the case - but there have been cases of people using multiple usernames before (I'm NOT saying that's the case here), so some care has to be exercised at times.

I would suggest, though, that if you have a disagreement with a mod, you send them a private message. Things can usually be worked out, and grudges are no fun. :)

11. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i never called anyone was an idiot. i stand by my other claim, though, and your "conversation" here doesn't prove anything to the contrary.

furthermore, this whole conversation goes against the usage agreement. i'd suggest re-reading it, or taking it up with paul at paul@talkbass.com

by bringing this up _again_ you are making a more valid claim for its veracity than anything i could do or say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.