Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by abassthing, Jun 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I came on this site to learn. I am amazed how my thread "How?" in Mike Dimin's Forum went from music and concept to some kind of grudge match. I have been talked about on another thread and then the thread was closed (unique technique ) before I could respond.
    This seems pretty one sided .
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Mike's forum is closed because of personal reasons, not because of you.

Anyway, if you have a problem with a thread and/or post talk to a moderator (or that particular) member via PM.
    It's not recommended to post a thread about that, it might not be taken friendly by others and the mods.
  3. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003
    Hey Roy-

Don't take this seriously . After all according to
    one of the Moderators ,you don't exist ,and I am an idiot.
  4. I know Mike's forum is closed. I am talking about being labeled as not being a real person in the Unique Technique thread .I t was closed before I had a chance to respond.
  5. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003
    yes , they were unhappy because I exist ,and claimed you were me.I have seen you in person ,and you are a better bassist than you think. I hope you will come down for another lesson soon.
  6. Your're right JMX. But when a moderator suggests I am ninestring and posts he is goning to check my ips address,this site becomes trashy.
  7. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003
    I just think that Moderator didn't like the fact that there was actually a bassist that liked my playing. You should see some of the emails I received about him. One even called him an internet bully.
    I have members who have nothing better to do than criticize my typing ,grammar etc. They should spend more time with music. That's why we are on this site.
  8. Yeah I read in the bass players thread a posting from a guy who saw you playing a 7 string and doing that pecussive harmonic thing back in the 70's.
    They better check his isp address too !
    I just had to blow off steam
  9. ConU

Mar 5, 2003
    La Belle Province
    There's a double bill on The Movie Network tonight:"Sybil" and "The Three Faces of Eve"...or I could be wrong(no you're not)yes I am(no you're not)...
  10. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    I don't think this is the case - but there have been cases of people using multiple usernames before (I'm NOT saying that's the case here), so some care has to be exercised at times.

I would suggest, though, that if you have a disagreement with a mod, you send them a private message. Things can usually be worked out, and grudges are no fun. :)
  11. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i never called anyone was an idiot. i stand by my other claim, though, and your "conversation" here doesn't prove anything to the contrary.

furthermore, this whole conversation goes against the usage agreement. i'd suggest re-reading it, or taking it up with paul at

by bringing this up _again_ you are making a more valid claim for its veracity than anything i could do or say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.