Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Furlanetto's Fretless exclusive Thread.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tumbao, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Tumbao

Tumbao

Nov 10, 2001
    FL
  2. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    i feel ya! i sold an amazing fretless F to Jughaidd and now i kick myself!
    but i will visit Georgie Porgie at the end of the month, I am sure it will be nail biting! he has some sweet ones ready

3. Tumbao

Tumbao

Nov 10, 2001
    FL
  4. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    At almost half the cost of new. Neck-through though.

5. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    Oh yes... I'm pretty close to ordering this:

[​IMG]

6. thewhitesheep

thewhitesheep

Dec 22, 2004
    The Alain Caron Sig. has always impressed me. Its just in a way...imposing. Like something grand and mighty you know. I think i would be too excited to play it if i was given the chance to.

7. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
  8. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    [​IMG]
    from a while back....
    ..and my brother from another mother's old neck thru that i sold for him
    [​IMG]

9. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
  10. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    I really JONES'D over this one a while back when it was available through the BunnyBass folks! Should've tried a little harder to get the cash for it! :rollno:

11. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    LOL! :D

12. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Tumbao, i dont think Wyliie would ever sell that bass! Andy wants to have one made. Y claro que te ayudaria a conseguir uno ! Cuando gustes! :D

13. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    So how do the Fbass and Zon compare head to head?

I'm a huge fan of the Sonus Special Fretless and really can't imagine another rivaling it except for a Roscoe with the Diamondwood board.

14. Tumbao

Tumbao

Nov 10, 2001
    FL
    Haftooth, This is just a gastripping thread! Enjoy it.
    You know that fellow players like Gard, embellisher,
    myself and many others TB's members are converted
    happy fans and very fully satisfied with the Sonus Fretless basses, but like you, I'm sure that we all can admire another good fretless basses without necessarily do comparisons or rivalling them.
    Roscoe, Zon, Wal, K.Lawrence, Fbass are excellent different fretless basses, thanks to their qualities, playabilities, sound, builder's support and because they are not clones from each others. "Good Looking-Fun to Drive" like Sport Cars, that's because I like all of those basses... Ok, at least just one of them formula1, my ZSSF5. :)

15. you can find the exact same here:
    www.station-music.de

I have no relations with that shop!

Vince

16. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    Hey man, I wasn't trying to stir the pot, but as I watched the pics come up, I starting gassing myself! The Fbass body design is my favorite of all basses, so when something intrigues me about them, I always am re-attracted because of the body design. I've played many fretless basses, and none have sounded as good as the Zon or the Roscoe, but if the Fbass is similar, I think I feel some gas coming if you know what I mean. In fact, if I was to get one, I already know the specs of the one I'd get. I'd get the Black/White Ceruse finish with a lined Birdseye Maple stabalized board. I don't think I've seen one come out that way, but I think it would be an unbelievable looking bass.

17. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
  18. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
  19. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    Hmmm..... I think the only way I'll part with that one is if Alain Caron personally called me asking to trade basses. He'd have to throw in a few bass lessons too.

I *have* given some thought to sending it back to George to have a piezo bridge installed. The separation anxiety might kill me though.

If you wanted one exactly like mine, you'd have to track down Nick Tung and have him make an aluminum bridge saddle too.

20. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    George is offering metal bridges on fretlesses now. I hate to lose the beautiful wood one, but for convenience and ease of setup ( ever so important on a fretless for that mwahh ) the adjustable saddles on a metal bridge are a lot easier to adjust that to sit there and sand the bone saddle, and if you sand too much, you have to shim it or start again. Now.. that big ebony bridge WITH adjustable saddles! that would be killer!
    Wyliee, bro - your fretless is intense. I love the "color scheme " -
    and we all know in basses and motorcycles, black is faster !