Furman Headphone/Audio Distribution System

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Hiway61, Jan 20, 2002.

1. Hiway61

Nov 24, 2001
    SE Pennsylvania
    Anyone out there use this system or something similar? I play in a praise and worship band at church and we are looking to reduce the sound level on stage. When we have the monitors as loud as we like them we have a problem with too much sound from monitors bouncing off the wall and getting picked up in the vocalists' mics. This system (actually Furman makes two of these, one much more expensive than the other) looks like it may be what we are looking for. I would be real interested in feedback from anyone who has used one of these systems and if you would think it would work in a church setting. The band is composed of several vocalists, bass, usually two guitars, piano, drums and occasionally a keyboard. Also, in a system like this, how well does the bass come through the headphones compared to the other instruments.

2. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Don't know anything about that particular system, although I do know for sure that most good headphones have a low frequency response that goes down to 20 Hz. So you should have no problems hearing the bass.
  3. Bryan_G

Apr 28, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    I'm planning on making a headphone distribution amp. If you are interested give a look at this schematic. And if you are still interested check out www.headwize.com