1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Furman Pl-Plus

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Coleman, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Coleman

Coleman

Oct 13, 2001
    Hong Kong
    many guy use it, what the function of it?

2. Model PL-PLUS is an enhanced version of the PL-8, offering improved noise filtering and an AC voltmeter. The 20 LED bar-graph voltmeter reads from 90 to 128 volts in 2-volt steps. The normal range voltages are indicated in green, with moderately and extremely high or low voltages in yellow and red respectively. The voltmeter's accuracy is ±2 volts. It can easily be recalibrated if necessary. The PL-PLUS also features a longer, 10 foot heavy-duty 14 gauge power cable. In addition, it offers a sophisticated RFI filter network with a greatly improved capacity for stopping line noise. This filter incorporates two toroidal inductors and three high-voltage capacitors to achieve a common-mode noise attenuation of over 50 dB at 10 MHz.

You can read more HERE

;) Treena

3. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    It's a fancy power strip. There are many debates on whether it's worth the bucks. And it does take up a rack space.

I feel that it reduces some hum from stray sources. And I like the fact that I can plug everything into it, in my rack, so that everything powers up. But I do toggle my power amp off and on with it's own switch.

4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    The voltmeter IS useful, About a month or two ago I played a hotel ballroom that was running 96 volts, which was straining my rig. I promptly started running cables searching for a better outlet.