Furman Pl-Plus

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Coleman, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Coleman

Oct 13, 2001
    Hong Kong
    many guy use it, what the function of it?
  2. Model PL-PLUS is an enhanced version of the PL-8, offering improved noise filtering and an AC voltmeter. The 20 LED bar-graph voltmeter reads from 90 to 128 volts in 2-volt steps. The normal range voltages are indicated in green, with moderately and extremely high or low voltages in yellow and red respectively. The voltmeter's accuracy is ±2 volts. It can easily be recalibrated if necessary. The PL-PLUS also features a longer, 10 foot heavy-duty 14 gauge power cable. In addition, it offers a sophisticated RFI filter network with a greatly improved capacity for stopping line noise. This filter incorporates two toroidal inductors and three high-voltage capacitors to achieve a common-mode noise attenuation of over 50 dB at 10 MHz.

You can read more HERE

;) Treena
  3. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    It's a fancy power strip. There are many debates on whether it's worth the bucks. And it does take up a rack space.

I feel that it reduces some hum from stray sources. And I like the fact that I can plug everything into it, in my rack, so that everything powers up. But I do toggle my power amp off and on with it's own switch.
  4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    The voltmeter IS useful, About a month or two ago I played a hotel ballroom that was running 96 volts, which was straining my rig. I promptly started running cables searching for a better outlet.